What's new

Padavan's Custom Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Anyone figured out a way, through ssh or from the gui, to clear a DHCP lease on the router?

Leases are obtained by the clients. There's no official method for a DHCP server to force a client to release its lease, you have to release it on the client itself.

Leases are obtained by the clients. There's no official method for a DHCP server to force a client to release its lease, you have to release it on the client itself.

Hey Merlin! Thanks for the recommendation on this firmware, flashed it this morning and got everything i wanted going in about a half hour. I forgot about the network traffic monitor so I don't even need to screw with iptable rules or installing snmp, but i do feel like this firmware is way leaner and more responsive.

For my question, I don't want to expire a lease or invalidate an existing one. The router is caching old leases and showing duplicates of mac addresses. I added some static mappings to make sure a few devices always got the same IP from DHCP. I'm sure there's some cache that will get flushed at some point but I wondered if there was a way to clear that cache or lease manually.

Hey Merlin! Thanks for the recommendation on this firmware, flashed it this morning and got everything i wanted going in about a half hour. I forgot about the network traffic monitor so I don't even need to screw with iptable rules or installing snmp, but i do feel like this firmware is way leaner and more responsive.

For my question, I don't want to expire a lease or invalidate an existing one. The router is caching old leases and showing duplicates of mac addresses. I added some static mappings to make sure a few devices always got the same IP from DHCP. I'm sure there's some cache that will get flushed at some point but I wondered if there was a way to clear that cache or lease manually.

Try restarting the dnsmasq daemon. No idea how to do that on Padavan's firmware however.

You could backup your configuration settings, do a factory reset, and then reload your settings. That should cause any internal caches, etc. to get flushed out. But before that, have you tried just power-cycling the router? Depends on where the caches are that you're talking about...since I'm not sure exactly what's being cached how or where, not sure what to suggest, but if a power-cycle of the router doesn't do it, I'm guessing that a factory reset would.

You could backup your configuration settings, do a factory reset, and then reload your settings. That should cause any internal caches, etc. to get flushed out. But before that, have you tried just power-cycling the router? Depends on where the caches are that you're talking about...since I'm not sure exactly what's being cached how or where, not sure what to suggest, but if a power-cycle of the router doesn't do it, I'm guessing that a factory reset would.

Meh, that's a little overkill for this. The old entries did get cleaned out about an hour after i posted this, so I'm good now. I'll try restarting that daemon next time and see if that fixes it.

Installed snmpd but not seeing an snmpd.conf file anywhere. I also don't see an init script created for it. I could create this myself, I'm just wondering if I installed the wrong package. I used opkg install snmpd, and it grabbed all the dependencies. Also, with the stock firmware I could run app_set_enable.sh snmp yes to get it to startup on boot, but I don't see that script in this firmware. Ideas?

I just went ahead and made my own script and conf file and its running fine. Just need some pointers on getting this to run as a startup script. I imagine there's more to it than just having an S##package file in the init.d folder.

I stand corrected, an S##package file is all it needed. Should have tested before posting sorry about that. I didn't see a thread on this so I might add a how to for this type of customization.

Thanks MercuryV, I'll save that method too. This is what I ended up with. Not sure how flexible this is, whether the snmpd part has to match a package name or just having the S at the beginning is enough tell the system to run it at startup.

/etc/opt/init.d/S70snmpd

#!/bin/sh

# $Header$
#
if [ -n "`pidof snmpd`" ] ; then
killall snmpd 2>/dev/null
fi
sleep 2
/opt/sbin/snmpd -c /opt/etc/snmp/snmpd.conf
sleep 1
snmpset -v 2c -c public localhost .1.3.6.1.4.1.8072.1.5.3.1.2.1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2 i 3

Last edited:
Not sure how flexible this is, whether the snmpd part has to match a package name or just having the S at the beginning is enough tell the system to run it at startup.
Only "S" at the beginning and number (== order) are significant.

VPN server while in AP mode

Is it possible to enable the VPN server while the RT-N56U is in AP mode? I know it would take some configuring on the internet facing router/firewall to forward the PPTP requests.

Guys, I need a little help here.

I used to have a 750GB NTFS USB3 drive hanging off my RT-N65U (3.0.3.7-072) and all was great. No issues what-so-ever, as long as I kept the DLNA catalog and Transmission directory on small ext3 USB drive. Transmission was setup so when the download was complete it would move the files over to 750GB drive.

With the x-mas, and black Friday deals going on, I picked up a 2TB drive (WD My Passport 0748) to replace the 750GB drive. I did a long format on the 2TB drive on my laptop, then copied the old data to the new drive.

The problem I am running into now, is whenever I copy new files over to the 2TB drive (either via a network share, or with Transmission) they eventually become corrupted. If I take the drive off the router and connect it to my laptop, it always needs to be repaired, and I loose files.

I have run diagnostic software on the the 2TB drive, and it keeps coming back is OK. I have kept the drive on my laptop and used for several days copying/moving/deleting various files around, and still fine.

I've tried various settings of the USB settings, this is my current set:

Enable ASPM L1 power-saving for USB3? - No
HDD Spindown Timeout: - Never
HDD Disable APM (Head Parking)? - Yes
Auto Check Filesystem on USB Storage Plug? - Yes
Automatic I/O RAM Caches Reclaim - No

Any suggestions (again, please don't say use ext3 format. I move the drive off the router to my laptop and other Windows systems to copy large files, so I need to keep it NTFS)?

No setting is going to fix an inherent incompatibility.

new Firmware online

On the Main site there is a Bug when downloading:
so download from the left site or you get an older Version

http://code.google.com/p/rt-n56u/

3.4.3.7-075

- IPv6+IPv4 dual stack.
- Linux kernel 3.4.76.
- 5GHz Wireless driver v2.7.1.6.
- 2.4GHz Wireless driver v2.7.1.5.
- DLNA build,
included:
- minidlna (UPnP/DLNA A/V mediaserver).
- transmission (torrent client).
excluded:
- aria2 (multi-protocol download manager).
- firefly (iTunes audio mediaserver).
- QoS kernel modules.
- IFB/IMQ kernel modules.
- USB HID kernel modules.
- CIFS client kernel module.
- openssl executable (for generate HTTPS and OpenVPN certs).
- tcpdump utility.

3.4.3.7-075:
----------------------------------------------------------
- Updated kernel-3.4.x to 3.4.76 from www.kernel.org.
- Fixed WebUI bug with symbol '#'.
- Fixed reload resolv.conf under USB modem environment.
- Fixed broken ping from WAN on DMZ enabled.
- Fixed IE11 and Chrome issues, hide float panel for mobile browsers.
- Added support CDMA modem WeTelecom WM-D200/D300.
- Added miniupnpd port range control.
- Added UDPXY access control from WAN.
- Added WiFi HT Auto Block Acknowledgment (AutoBA) control to WebUI.
- Removed unused WiFi Direct Link Setup (DLS) feature.
- Updated exFAT code to 1.2.7.
- Updated xUPnPd to rev395.
- Increased max allowed VPN clients to 50

I search a lot but couldn't really find anything directly related.

I have the Padavan firmware version 78.55.53.48-072

I have been trying to connect to a PPTP vpn server cause i want my router to stay connected to VPN server and all the devices that are connect to router to be on the VPN.

I tried the VPN Client, it connects but the ip address stays the same as local internet connection.

I tried changing WAN connection IPoE: Automatic to PPTP, it doesn't work.

any help??

I don't know if I'm missing something but is openssl included?

Been trying to set up OpenVPN but can't generate certificates as openssl is missing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hello

Just installed the padavan firmware but can't get openvpn to work. I get this error in the router log "Unable to start OpenVPN client: key file "/etc/storage/openvpn/client/ca.crt" not found!" Any idea how I activate the certificate in the vpn settings?

Thanks