What's new

pixelserv pixelserv - A Better One-pixel Webserver for Adblock

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

my statistics of runing pixelserv-tls in one day and six hours.....

fW92zY.png

i have to stop using this pixelserv-tls....I have a problem with certificate after each reboot router or computer.....all of the above possible solutions do not work....

i have to stop using this pixelserv-tls....I have a problem with certificate after each reboot router or computer.....all of the above possible solutions do not work....

I don't want to ask about your problem :)

Do you know the way out to uninstall..?

I don't want to ask about your problem :)

Do you know the way out to uninstall..?
But I would be interested what the problem is, for science reasons...

But I would be interested what the problem is, for science reasons...
this is the reason....if i reboot router or computer i got everytime message from kaspersky for self-signed certificate....

EUqEX4S.png

i have installed certificate in right place and seems to be valid....
srfbJ0.png

this is the reason....if i reboot router or computer i got everytime message from kaspersky for self-signed certificate....

What certificate is this? Is that HTTPD cert?

Click "View Certificate", show the detail pls..

This is indeed the router's certificate for HTTPD.

The firmware generates a new certificate on every reboot if you've chosen HTTPS.

Silly default if you ask me.

There is a way to tell router to generate a certificate once for all and re-use on reboots. I think this has been raised multiple times on the forum. Anyway, here are the steps:

Code:
nvram set https_crt_save=1
nvram commit

reboot

This will generate a new certificate for HTTPD and save it in NVRAM that'll survive reboots.

After that browse to WebUI. Import the new certificate into both Windows (follow the steps of importing ca.crt) and Firefox if you're using FF.

Also

If Kaspersky still not happy, you can disable this kind of pop-up. The steps are in the second link of post #139.

This is indeed the router's certificate for HTTPD.

The firmware generates a new certificate on every reboot if you've chosen HTTPS.

Silly default if you ask me.

There is a way to tell router to generate a certificate once for all and re-use on reboots. I think this has been raised multiple times on the forum. Anyway, here are the steps:

Code:
nvram commit

reboot

This will generate a new certificate for HTTPD and save it in NVRAM that'll survive reboots.

After that browse to WebUI. Import the new certificate into both Windows (follow the steps of importing ca.crt) and Firefox if you're using FF.

maybe will this help me....i done this, import certificate to windows and firefox....then reboot computer and router and kaspersky didn`t ask me again for self-signed cert....:)i will more testing....what about when i upgrade the firmware? then i lost this setting?
Code:

Kaspersky is one annoying piece of software. Lots of customers who used it ran into all kind of issue, as that software tries to insert itself into virtually everywhere in the OS, and raises alarms for all kind of totally inoffensive events.

Half of the time, my customer get fed up and simply move to a different less invasive software.

@thelonelycoder has many code references to 0.0.0.0, you need to ask for the redirect IP to be made a configurable variable, this sed command for example changes 127.0.0.1 to 0.0.0.0

Code:
cat \$dir/temp1 | sed 's/127.0.0.1/0.0.0.0/g;s/\r$//' |...

https://github.com/decoderman/AB-Solution/blob/master/ab-solution.sh#L593

@thelonelycoder has many code references to 0.0.0.0, you need to ask for the redirect IP to be made a configurable variable, this sed command for example changes 127.0.0.1 to 0.0.0.0

Code:
cat \$dir/temp1 | sed 's/127.0.0.1/0.0.0.0/g;s/\r$//' |...

https://github.com/decoderman/AB-Solution/blob/master/ab-solution.sh#L593
so, if i configured like this then will script add entries to my router IP 192.168.200.1.....or i need to do something else?
Code:
Code:

cat \$dir/temp1 | sed 's/127.0.0.1/192.168.200.1/g;s/\r$//' |...

so, if i configured like this then will script add entries to my router IP 192.168.200.1.....or i need to do something else?
Code:
Code:

cat \$dir/temp1 | sed 's/127.0.0.1/192.168.200.1/g;s/\r$//' |...

Sorry I haven't analyzed the script in detail, might be be easier to just add it once just before the new conf file is used, there are many uses of 0.0.0.0. I do things more manually, just have a simple script to grab the pgl.yoyo domain block list

Code:
#!/bin/sh
CNF=/mnt/usb4gb/adblock.conf
WHL=/mnt/usb4gb/whitelist
ADS="http://pgl.yoyo.org/adservers/serverlist.php?hostformat=dnsmasq&showintro=0&mimetype=plaintext"
AIP="192.168.66.254" # changes 127.0.0.1 to this globally
wget -O - "$ADS"|sed "s/127.0.0.1/$AIP/" | grep -Fvf $WHL >$CNF

I also have to admit I am not currently using this tls version, but have caught a lot of ad attempts recently, and most are ssl, must get round to it!:-

Code:
/mnt/usb4gb/pixelserv version: V35.HZ13 compiled: Oct 6 2015 22:34:24 options: 192.168.66.254 -p 80 -p 81 -p 8080 -p 8081 -p 443 -o 2
1760701 uts, 2051023 req, 2006 avg, 26934 rmx, 2264 tav, 4587 tmx, 0 err, 7059 tmo, 2982 cls, 0 nou, 0 pth, 3688 nfe, 203 ufe, 244 gif, 0 bad, 7304 txt, 18 jpg, 6 png, 2 swf, 2 ico, 2027069 ssl, 4 sta, 0 stt, 0 204, 1869 rdr, 573 pst, 0 hed

Last edited:
@mstombs

I bet something wrong with your pixelserv. A bug perhaps.

Cannot be over 98% of your 2 million ad requests are HTTPS...!

I decided to finally set up the tls version last night since it was included in the Entware repository. There's also a package for easyrsa. Getting it set up was a little different from the guide in the OP but it was close enough that I was able to figure it out. Very pleased with it so far.