What's new

Plex server on R9000 X10 - adding a custom channel?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

psychopomp1

Hi,

On stock fw 1.0.2.40 and Plex Server v1.9.2.4285 on the X10, does anyone know how to add a custom TV channel list into the Plex Media Server? I have a .bundle folder on my USB drive (plugged into X10) and I believe this needs to go inside

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\

where/how do I find this directory on the X10?

Cheers

Hi...

For the current version, I understand this is located in /tmp/plexmediaserver/1.9.2.4285-9f65b88ae/Resources/Plug-ins-9f65b88ae/

However, this is Plex specific and not controlled by the R9000 GUI.

Also, Plex uses its own GUI developed by Plex (enclosed sources, own GUI, own system of customisation).

Further information regarding adding own channel at: https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201187656-How-do-I-manually-install-a-channel-

Thanks Netgear Guy, so how would I access

/tmp/plexmediaserver/1.9.2.4285-9f65b88ae/Resources/Plug-ins-9f65b88ae/

and put my .bundle folder inside that, bearing in mind that the Plex server is running on the R9000? Telnet commands?

Will need to verify the folder name, but understand this was the location (Plex specific)

Yes, it would be Telnet commands.

You will need to login to the R9000 GUI and enter the following: "<R9000 IP address>/debug.htm" then click "Enable Telnet" and run a Telnet client on a PC

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!