What's new

POLL: RT-AC68U USB 3.0 speed results (wired)?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RT-AC68U USB 3.0 speed through the wire (in MBytes/s)

• Total voters

luka_w

Regular Contributor
hi folks,

after countless FW fixes and new releases it seems like overall performance is much better then few months ego, but USB 3.0 speed still seems to be an issue:http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-reviews/32325-ac1900-router-wireless-retest?showall=&start=2

I have 1TB HDD EXT4 attached, and through the wire and samba share I've got, in round figures, 25 write and 30 read MB/s. I'm on latest 39 Merlin's build.

Merlin once wrote that he got around 50 MB/s (read as far I remember). Is it possible to us to get near NETGEAR R7000 or not, is it software or hardware issue?
Write what you think and post your speed results. The poll is multiple choice (for read and write).

tnx

Last edited:
hi folks,

after countless FW fixes and new releases it seems like overall performance is much better then few months ego, but USB 3.0 speed still seems to be an issue:http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-reviews/32325-ac1900-router-wireless-retest?showall=&start=2

I have 1TB HDD EXT4 attached, and through the wire and samba share I've got, in round figures, 25 write and 30 read MB/s. I'm on latest 39 Merlin's build.

Merlin once wrote that he got around 50 MB/s (read as far I remember). Is it possible to us to get near NETGEAR R7000 or not, is it software or hardware issue?
Write what you think and post your speed results. The poll is multiple choice (for read and write).

tnx

overclock to 1200/666 or 1200/800.
What the speed of disk connected to pc (win -> oprimised for quick removal).?

overclock to 1200/666 or 1200/800.
What the speed of disk connected to pc (win -> oprimised for quick removal).?
you got nice numbers there ...
I haven't play with "DDR Configuration Upgrade Tool" so I guess I have 533 MHz.
I can't test hdd attached to pc right now, but they can't be that low ;) ... besides, HIGGINS has similar numbers.

edit:
I did overlock to 1200/666 (800 hangs router) and is really small improvement;
with disk attached to PC (win7 and 'Paragon ExtFS for Windows') I got 45 write/85 read

Last edited:
I use NTFS for USB 3.0 HDD. It easy reaches +60 MB/s READ (65 as far as i remember the TOP) and 55 MB/s WRITE transfer speed. I didn't experiment with other formats as I found NTFS good enough. OC@1200/800.

Last edited:
all right, when playing with drive enclosure it turned out to be half broken ...
I got new one and speed is much better with the same drive :50/35 read/write (800/666)

tnx

How did you managed to EXT4 work on AC68U?

Ext4 works on both the RT-AC68U and the RT-AC56U.

Yeah new kernel supports EXT4 now :)

Thanks

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!