What's new

YazFi Possible to have guest assigned custom DNS and have Diversion working at the same time?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

chongnt

Very Senior Member
Sorry if this has been asked before. I have an AC86U on 384.19.
Before YazFi, while DNS filter global filter mode is set to router, I can customize guest machine to use custom DNS under DNSFilter page. Diversion is working too for guest.
After install YazFi, guest IP is on another subnet which is good. Somehow custom DNS does not work anymore. Guest choose to use the Router DNS in Global mode. Diversion is still working. Is this expected?
I then manually configure DNS server 1 and DNS server 2 under guest network 1. Now guest is assigned the manually configured DNS. It no longer take the Router DNS in Global DNS filter. But Diversion is not working for guest.
Not sure if I have miss out any configuration. Is it possible to have guest on another subnet, forced to use customized DNS filter and also having Diversion ad block at the same time?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!