What's new

Powerline - When new Gigabit Adapers ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Your power strip could have surge protection that would be affecting
your results.

Also look for and remove noise sources like cellphone chargers and other "wall-wart" power adapters.

I don't pay much attention to the link rates shown by powerline utilities. Measure actual throughput by doing a drag-and-drop large filecopy to get a more accurate idea of actual throughput.

MIMO adapters require connection to all three lines (hot, neutral and ground).

I've never seen a power-strip/splitter usage function well. Your experience only reflects the usual manufacturer recommendation: "don't use a power strip".

I recently installed six sets of the TP-Link TL-PA6010 AV2s in six 200 & 500 working situations, and three of those TP-Links failed to connect. I plugged back in the old units and they continued to work fine.

I did a few more tests (ensuring the units themselves worked, yes they do) but I didn't investigate each location's wiring because, well, the joy of the Powerlines is that they work or don't. Quick, easy. I've written the Fails off as a pickier handling of line noise, or interference, or ?? something else. Those 3 failed sets work for other customers, though, and I left it at that.