What's new

Private internet access setup 380.61 FW

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jappish84

Regular Contributor
Hi guys, I've tried a bunch of settings to try and get PIA OVPN running on my RT-AC3200 running AsusWRT Merlin 380.61 FW

I followed this guide at first but on the "status" page all I see is "connecting" and it never really connects. See log output here.

After that I tried the same settings that were working on my previous router RT-AC56U, but that didn't work either.

I then tried uploading an .ovpn file and checked so that everything else was set as in the guide above. That seemed to work, status page said I was connected, but I couldn't access any webpages on the internet, so I disabled it, here's the log output

After that I tried the settings from post two in this thread. Same results there, I get connected, but can't access internet. Here's the log for that try

Hope you can help me out here. Thanks

Hi guys, I've tried a bunch of settings to try and get PIA OVPN running on my RT-AC3200 running AsusWRT Merlin 380.61 FW

I followed this guide at first but on the "status" page all I see is "connecting" and it never really connects. See log output here.

After that I tried the same settings that were working on my previous router RT-AC56U, but that didn't work either.

I then tried uploading an .ovpn file and checked so that everything else was set as in the guide above. That seemed to work, status page said I was connected, but I couldn't access any webpages on the internet, so I disabled it, here's the log output

After that I tried the settings from post two in this thread. Same results there, I get connected, but can't access internet. Here's the log for that try

Did you try rebooting the router. That usually fixes this issue (vpn unable to connect to vpn server) after I make changes to openvpn setting like adding or removing devices under policy routing. I'm using PIA with AC56U too.

Also try "Exclusive" instead of "Strict".

Thanks for the reply PorschedT, I'll try rebooting and changing the suggested setting and report back.

I think you better follow this guide: http://www.snbforums.com/threads/ho...-for-pia-and-other-vpn-providers-07-19.30851/

That works for me with no problems.

Kr.,
Patrick

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Awesome guys, big thanks to you both. The configuration you linked to @Patje worked great after a reboot like @PorscheT suggested.

Without the reboot it would just complain about config.ovpn problems. Really great speeds as well on the RT-AC3200, only about 30% CPU usage at my full DL/UL speed of around 20/20

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!