What's new

Problem with VPN Director

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
Show screenshots.

You're doing something wrong.

I would like to report an issue with the network planning of the Virtual Private Network (VPN Director) when a rule was added to individual IP address 192.168.77.30/24 to connect to the VPN network. This has resulted in redirecting the entire subnet's routing 92.168.77.0/24 to connect to the VPN.

can some one help

Asuswrt-Merlin
Firmware:3004.388.6

Please do not cross-post the same topic all over the forums.

Makes it hard to have a concise conversation when there are multiple posts/replies.

I would like to report an issue with the network planning of the Virtual Private Network (VPN Director) when a rule was added to individual IP address 192.168.77.30/24 to connect to the VPN network. This has resulted in redirecting the entire subnet's routing 92.168.77.0/24 to connect to the VPN.

can some one help

Asuswrt-Merlin
Firmware:3004.388.6
That is because you are specifying the entire subnet, 192.168.77.30/24. The /24 part means the subnet mask is 255.255.255.0. If you want to only specify one address use just the IP address, 192.168.77.30.

Last edited:
i like to report NAT Problem with VPN Director when i add rule to Nat Single IP 192.168.77.30/24 to vpn concoction the whole subnet 92.168.77.0/24 redirected to vpn connection
How is this a problem?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classless_Inter-Domain_Routing

Using cidr blocks as used by routing, by /24 you imply that 24 most significant bits, basically nullifies your .30 as it will be masked away.

If you want to specify any single ip, use /32 or usually leave ip without cidr notation.