What's new

Problem with Wireguard VPN server

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Noober

New Around Here
So I use latest version of Merlin (3004.388.4) on My RT-AX88U, the issue is that when I add new Wireguard VPN server User it works fine for some time, it show all the information and connection is perfect but... I noticed that after a few days all client still exist but the information about connection is empty and I no more can connect to the router (Screenshots are applied), please help me solve this annoying problem, thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 11.00.20.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 11.00.20.png
    69.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 11.00.29.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 11.00.29.png
    49.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 11.00.50.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 11.00.50.png
    55.7 KB · Views: 65
So I use latest version of Merlin (3004.388.4) on My RT-AX88U, the issue is that when I add new Wireguard VPN server User it works fine for some time, it show all the information and connection is perfect but... I noticed that after a few days all client still exist but the information about connection is empty and I no more can connect to the router (Screenshots are applied), please help me solve this annoying problem, thank you in advance.
Wierd.

Well, when you create the client the router generates entries for the client and stores it in nvram. You can check the entries by ssh:
Code:
nvram show | grep wgs1_c1
(Replace c1 with c2 for 2nd client a.s.o)
Whenever it starts the server it uses select entries for the server config.

For the client config, im not sure if this is taken directly from the nvram variables, but a copy of the client configs are at /etc/wg/. Check if they are there by:
Code:
ls /etc/wg | grep .conf
But the client config is actually not needed for the server in order to start.

Finally, check what wireguard includes in its config, and what peers are included:
Code:
wg show wgs1

You can also check the server config, more complete:
Code:
wg showconf wgs1[/conf]

So, are your peer nvram variables still there? Are the "missing peer" still included in the running server?

Please remember to obfuscate any keys or public ips before posting.