What's new

QoS Settings for XBox One X on RT-AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yes tried that. The speeds are still slow in comparison.

I don’t think that matters on the XBox One X.

This is the speed it’s fluctuating between when downloading to a SSD (OCZ VERTEX 3) in a USB 3 Caddy.

1c45cfeab46cfda91e8942c5a558f397.jpg

f93fa041de04020e6ceecdddb4451293.jpg

Every app/game has been quit so the only thing happening on the box is this download.

I tested the same drive on my Mac with BlackMagic and it gave a read/write performance of 497/424MBps respectively. So way above anything I can download at. My fibre connection is 300d/150u.

This is my connection speed before I started.

46470225bbc193d1447e02dfa1cff3b2.jpg

So it must be Microsoft servers (which is surprising given the size of the company).

There not capping your downloads, its your router that is optimizing your network because QOS sucks for gaming. Use your Bandwidth Limiter and limit everything to a set speed except your Xbox no QOS. Then set your Xbox at High priority on the bandwidth monitor with drag and drop the red high priority box to your xbox. Trust me it took me years to figure this out because every one here always tries to use QOS and it is garbage for gaming. You can still get CTF in NAT acceleration with these settings but i have found it doesnt matter much when you have free reign to the bandwidth.

With and without QoS, I've seen my normal Xbox One and my One X report maxing out our connection in their own speed tests, then recently the actual game and update downloads are running at a much slower speed.