What's new

Question about ASUS NAT Type

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ArturoH4L

New Around Here
Hello everyone, i've just bought a new ASUS TUF AX6000 router, the router is connected directly to my fiber ONT vía the WAN port and everything is OK. i Was just wondering where i can check my NAT Type (full-cone NAT / Symmetric). i Cant see the option in the WAN section. My old router was a ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 and i could see this option 'NAT type' available in WAN, but in the TUF AX6000 no. Is there anyway to check wich nat type i am using? why i dont see this option? ive upgraded to latest firmware release: 3.0.0.4.388_32432-ga4b5297.

Thanks to everyone.

why i dont see this option?

This TUF-AX6000 router is MediaTek SoC based and runs different firmware under the hood. Perhaps this option is not available on it.

This TUF-AX6000 router is MediaTek SoC based and runs different firmware under the hood. Perhaps this option is not available on it.
Hi Tech9,
You're right, i forgot that this router has a MediaTek SoC, maybe thats the problem, i will keep investigating, thanks. There isnt at the moment a AsusMerlin firmware realease available for this router correct?
Have a good day.

Hi Tech9,
You're right, i forgot that this router has a MediaTek SoC, maybe thats the problem, i will keep investigating, thanks. There isnt at the moment a AsusMerlin firmware realease available for this router correct?
Have a good day.
Merlin only makes firmware for selected Broadcom routers, not MediaTek.

maybe thats the problem

I don't see it as a problem. Newer Broadcom routers also don't have some of the options previously available. No Asuswrt-Merlin for this router, but some OpenWRT development is going on for it. At some point it may turn into quite valuable piece of hardware. The future will tell.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!