What's new

R7800 access control issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Microsoft answer desk has ruined my weekend. None of the techs could figure out how to fix it.

Last edited:
My network says private when I start the computer but then says I'm not on an active network. Thought this was windows at first but this didn't happen until I hooked up the router. My computer works fine and all my wireless connections are good. I have issues though downloading on my phone.View attachment 5744

Check in services.msc, and make sure that the Network Location Awareness service is running. That service being stopped is the most common cause of Windows thinking it's not connected to any network.

Check in services.msc, and make sure that the Network Location Awareness service is running. That service being stopped is the most common cause of Windows thinking it's not connected to any network.
Thank you. I will try that when I get home from work. Honestly my computer works fine as does my wireless. Not sure if this problen even matters. Just weird how it shows I'm connected to a network when the computer turns on but then after a few minutes it reverts back to saying I'm not connected to a network.

Last edited:
The Network location awareness service is running.

Odd, as your symptoms match exactly the same problem I resolved for one of my customers this morning. PC thought it wasn't connected to the Internet, which lead his Outlook to not even attempt to connect to Office 365, while everything else was working just fine. Turns out his Network Location Awareness service had stopped, just restarting it fixed it.

Also check for the DNS Client service, another service that was suggested as a possible cause of this issue. You can also check the Windows event viewer to see if a service stops running after a few minutes (to match with the observed behaviour where it stops working after a few minutes).

Odd, as your symptoms match exactly the same problem I resolved for one of my customers this morning. PC thought it wasn't connected to the Internet, which lead his Outlook to not even attempt to connect to Office 365, while everything else was working just fine. Turns out his Network Location Awareness service had stopped, just restarting it fixed it.

Also check for the DNS Client service, another service that was suggested as a possible cause of this issue. You can also check the Windows event viewer to see if a service stops running after a few minutes (to match with the observed behaviour where it stops working after a few minutes).
Thank you. I'll give it a try.

Have been having issues with my galaxy S5. Problems with apps opening and Google play store. Started with the new router. I go on the carrier WiFi no issue, connect to the router and I have these issues.

I don't believe it. I set up my Asus AC66R again to see if the same issue with the network would happen and it does not! I stay on an active network and my computer is running great. The issues I had with my Galaxy S5 are gone as well. Why?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!