What's new

Recommendation for extending signal using AiMesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lollypop

Occasional Visitor
Hi guys,

i have Ax86u router working absolute fine. I am planning to extend the signal to the back garden. Can someone suggest a cheap either an access point or device that could become an aimesh node for the router. Ideally i would want something looking like lyra mini which i could just put in kitchen window instead of putting another bulky router on the window sill. But i just dont know whether lyra would be any good and if yes, where can i buy 1 pack for cheap in uk?
or any other suggestion please?
Thanks

Hi guys,

i have Ax86u router working absolute fine. I am planning to extend the signal to the back garden. Can someone suggest a cheap either an access point or device that could become an aimesh node for the router. Ideally i would want something looking like lyra mini which i could just put in kitchen window instead of putting another bulky router on the window sill. But i just dont know whether lyra would be any good and if yes, where can i buy 1 pack for cheap in uk?
or any other suggestion please?
Thanks
Hi

I am currently running AiMesh with an RT-AX88U + Lyra Mini. The Lyra mini is in the office as it is a bit of a blackspot for Wi-Fi. To be fair it works well and seems to have decent enough range and it is small an fairly inconspicuous. I bought mine from here but not sure if they have any more in stock. Maybe some on eBay?

I have checked ebay and other places - cant find any minis. The only one i was able to find is box.co.uk is selling a tri pack for £99.00 but i only need one. No one is selling 1pack!
any other suggestions?
I have seen ac86u going for cheap on ebay but dont feel like putting on that on kitchen window.. would prefer a smaller antenna-free device.

Last edited:
I have checked ebay and other places - cant find any minis. The only one i was able to find is box.co.uk is selling a tri pack for £99.00 but i only need one. No one is selling 1pack!
any other suggestions?
I have seen ac86u going for cheap on ebay but dont feel like putting on that on kitchen window.. would prefer a smaller antenna-free device.
To be honest, i paid £70 for one so i would buy the 3 pack and sell the other 2 on eBay!

Just wondering how would i set it up with ax86u? I would just put one mini in the kitchen and set it up as a node? Do i need to connect mini to the router with a ethernet?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!