What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 384.19 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Asuswrt-Merlin 384.19 is now available for all supported models, except for the RT-AX56U (no up-to-date GPL available for that model).

The main changes of this release are the merge of GPL updates, and a nearly complete rewrite of the OpenVPN implementation (functionality should remain mostly unchanged, aside from a few minor things documented in the changelog, and a few bug fixes.)

IMPORTANT: due to a flash partition layout change from Asus on the RT-AC86U, the JFFS partition content for that model may be missing or corrupted following the upgrade to 384.19. Make sure you make a backup of your JFFS partition before upgrading. If you run into issues, then reformat the JFFS partition (don`t forget to reboot), then restore your JFFS backup.

Please see the included changelog for the list of changes.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.

Reserved.

- FIXED: Some large DNS queries could fail when using DoT
(patch backported from upstream)

Awesome!

Nice! Upgrading now... as always... thanks @RMerlin for all you do.

Reactions: a5m
For some reason, the time didn't update, which caused VPN clients to fail with the log entry below. I rebooted and it still wouldn't update. I changed the NTP server from default pool to north-america.pool.ntp.org and it updated. Just an FYI in case anyone else has VPN issues after the upgrade.
May 5 00:10:40 ovpn-client1[7875]: VERIFY ERROR: depth=0, error=certificate is not yet valid: C=US, ST=CA, L=LosAngeles,

Dirty upgrade from Beta 2 - smooth as silk - everything running great!

Updating now, thanks mate!

EDIT: Flashed with no issues from .19b2

Last edited:
Dirty upgrade from 384.18 to .19 on an rt-86u with an OpenVPN Server. Everything is good. Thank you.

Reactions: a5m
Updated Thank you!

Question missing icon here?

Last edited:
Updated to 19 final. Had to format JFFS as it showed unmounted. Now all is good. Thanks @Merlin. :)

Dirty upgrade no issues.

Curious why sometimes I have to power off and sometimes I do not.
On an AP, upgrade no power cycle needed.
On main upgrade needed power cycle.

No chance after the update to access via WebUI and SSH on my AX88U. Have disconnected the device from power several times, even the modem, unfortunately no success. Do I really need to reset the router? (However, all clients have connected normally via Wifi.)

Status
Not open for further replies.