What's new

AdGuardHome [RELEASE] Asuswrt-Merlin-AdGuardHome-Installer (AMAGHI)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thank you, yes, DNS crypt was using that port, uninstalling DNS crypt helped and adguard installed and started.
But, my wifi devices stop seeing internet, connected but no link, presumable DNS issue, after checking all stuff and few reboots nothing help. Returned back to Pi-hole setup on Pi4.
One of the known issues is when the .yaml file is first setup it improperly list the bootstrap resolvers. Fixing this issue in the webui alleviates the dns instability. Check post 2 for more information

@SomeWhereOverTheRainBow & @thelonelycoder
Hi guys, Tried in my rt-ax86u yesterday and really like it but after a couple of hours of internet disruptions i was force by the family to restore from backup and could not do any further testing.
I noticed while having AdGuardHome installed that dnsmasq logs no longer get piped to "/opt/var/log/dnsmasq.log" as set by diversion, this in turn breaks such scripts as "x3mRouting,etc" that relies on such log file to extract IPs from it.
Supposing that Diversion still doing its some of its jobs like log rotating, would adding the the following code:
Code:
log-queries
log-facility=/opt/var/log/dnsmasq.log
to /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add fix the issue for the time being?

Many thanks for all your hard work!

One thing I notice last night, after upgrading to v.1.0.1 I could no longer reach the web interface for adguard.

Rebooting the router fixed that, and I'm back in. Not sure if anyone else experienced the same thing, but thought I'd give a head up :)

One thing I notice last night, after upgrading to v.1.0.1 I could no longer reach the web interface for adguard.

Rebooting the router fixed that, and I'm back in. Not sure if anyone else experienced the same thing, but thought I'd give a head up :)
If you have time, inspect your system log to see if it left any indications of a crash.

I have tried the installer through amtm, it has some quirks, but it ended up running.
Can't login, because password creation fails.

Code:
 =>  Please enter AdGuardHome password:
=>  Please reenter AdGuardHome password:
installer: line 812: /opt/bin/bcrypt-tool: not found

The installer doesn't start the service. Even though it says it is starting (twice??) I have to manually start it.

Code:
Info:  Starting AdGuardHome...
 Starting AdGuardHome...              done.
 Starting AdGuardHome...              already running.
 Info:  AdGuardHome setup is complete.

If you have time, inspect your system log to see if it left any indications of a crash.

The only thing that stood out is that the time wasn't set properly by NTP. However, it seemed to be off even after the initial install when things were working.

Re: errors, this is the only line I found that indicated an error:
AdGuardHome[1280]: 2018/05/05 05:05:33.731086 [error] hosts container: host "RT-AX68U-B018." is invalid, ignoring

Not sure if that helps :)

The only thing that stood out is that the time wasn't set properly by NTP. However, it seemed to be off even after the initial install when things were working.

Re: errors, this is the only line I found that indicated an error:
AdGuardHome[1280]: 2018/05/05 05:05:33.731086 [error] hosts container: host "RT-AX68U-B018." is invalid, ignoring

Not sure if that helps :)
Yea that shouldn't be the issue since adguard home runs any ways because it doest require a user.

@SomeWhereOverTheRainBow & @thelonelycoder
Hi guys, Tried in my rt-ax86u yesterday and really like it but after a couple of hours of internet disruptions i was force by the family to restore from backup and could not do any further testing.
I noticed while having AdGuardHome installed that dnsmasq logs no longer get piped to "/opt/var/log/dnsmasq.log" as set by diversion, this in turn breaks such scripts as "x3mRouting,etc" that relies on such log file to extract IPs from it.
Supposing that Diversion still doing its some of its jobs like log rotating, would adding the the following code:
Code:
log-queries
log-facility=/opt/var/log/dnsmasq.log
to /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add fix the issue for the time being?

Many thanks for all your hard work!
Yeah I don't known where this is getting removed from you setup but if you need it for your vpn setup then yes, but you shouldn't run diversion along side this script unless you are prepared for some potential issues.

Just to add that I still need to add IP into DNS Server 1 for this to work, everything up to date & rebooted.

Just to add that I still need to add IP into DNS Server 1 for this to work, everything up to date & rebooted.
Same here.
Added router ip to dns one and 127.0.0.1 to the second, don't know if that second one is actually needed.

That's interesting, something in your setup must be different to mine. Just to double check, you're running v1.0.1?

I verified that on my clients (Linux and Android) with v1.0.1. I did not have to add a DNS server entry into either of the two slots, curious what's different for those that require it.

That's interesting, something in your setup must be different to mine. Just to double check, you're running v1.0.1?

I verified that on my clients (Linux and Android) with v1.0.1. I did not have to add a DNS server entry into either of the two slots, curious what's different for those that require it.
Very minimal changes to basic setup of Merlin and stripped down to using only Skynet with AdGuard, it worked fine on my primary device until a reboot, all is up to date.

Very minimal changes to basic setup of Merlin and stripped down to using only Skynet with AdGuard, it worked fine on my primary device until a reboot, all is up to date.
OK, mine is very minimal as well. I don't have skynet, and do have YazFi & YazDHCP, but otherwise a very plain setup (new router too, so no leftover settings from previous versions)

DSC_09484.jpg

For this part, if my router ip 192.168.50.1, is it right to change like below?

[/50.168.192.in-addr.arpa/]192.168.50.1:553
[/Some-Domain/]192.168.50.1:553