What's new

Remote Log Server and dnsmasq-dhcp in router log

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

-AndyH-

Occasional Visitor
Hi

Got a couple of questions:

1) Remote Log Server - How does this work? Which software do I need to log things from my router (I have a dedicated server running WHS 2011)?

2) Router System Log - Since upgrading to x.270, I have been getting hundreds of dnsmasq-dhcp/DHCPINFORM(br0)/DHCPREQUEST(br0) messages in the system log. Is there anyway I can disable those specific messages (they are spamming my log!)?

Thanks

Hi

Got a couple of questions:

1) Remote Log Server - How does this work? Which software do I need to log things from my router (I have a dedicated server running WHS 2011)?

2) Router System Log - Since upgrading to x.270, I have been getting hundreds of dnsmasq-dhcp/DHCPINFORM(br0)/DHCPREQUEST(br0) messages in the system log. Is there anyway I can disable those specific messages (they are spamming my log!)?

Thanks

1) You need ro run a syslog daemon on the target computer.

2) Not with the stock firmware, no.

Thanks for the responses.

Any clues on how to set up Wall Watcher with the N66U? It doesn't seem to be able to connect/pick up data from the router.

Thanks for the responses.

Any clues on how to set up Wall Watcher with the N66U? It doesn't seem to be able to connect/pick up data from the router.

For me, it automatically received the messages, but was not able to parse them correctly, and basically I ended up with just a huge single field with all the data in it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!