What's new

Repeater mode & Bonjour Printers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Trebuin

Hello,
I was using an RT-AC66U as my repeater & any Macs attached could not see printers unless it was attached to my master router, & RT-AC3200. I switched to a Netgear repeater & it will allow the printers to be seen on it. There should be a way to fix this on the ASUS routers & I thought I'd let you know. My Asus still works about 70% of the time if anyone wants to try to work that.

Hello,
I was using an RT-AC66U as my repeater & any Macs attached could not see printers unless it was attached to my master router, & RT-AC3200. I switched to a Netgear repeater & it will allow the printers to be seen on it. There should be a way to fix this on the ASUS routers & I thought I'd let you know. My Asus still works about 70% of the time if anyone wants to try to work that.

Seems like Asus still has not resolved mDNS/Avahi/Bonjour issues...

Should be on their to-do list, as this will help out a lot of Apple devices/services - but that's been my position - Asus is basically Apple hostile...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!