What's new

Replacement Power Adapter

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Bourbon74

New Around Here
Hi,

I'm looking for the part number or details for the DC power adapter for my DSL-AX82U ?

I've purchased the router knowing that it was missing the PSU so wanted to look into ordering the correct one.

Most Google searches defer to the RT AX82U which I believe differs.

If anyone owns one that could help me identify it, it would be much appreciated.

Asus wouldn't help...

Thank you

Hi,

I'm looking for the part number or details for the DC power adapter for my DSL-AX82U ?

I've purchased the router knowing that it was missing the PSU so wanted to look into ordering the correct one.

Most Google searches defer to the RT AX82U which I believe differs.

If anyone owns one that could help me identify it, it would be much appreciated.

Asus wouldn't help...

Thank you

If you look on the label, on the bottom of the unit, it will indicate the power requirements.

These should work:

The important part is making sure that it's the right Barrel Tip, Center Pin Positive, most these days are 19v but some are 12v(that's why you look at the label).

You can pick the style/direction the ac end goes into the wall.

EDIT: ASUS is not uniform with how they do it world wide or even with the same unit. I have 2 AX58U's and the AC Adapter is different for each and the Barrel Size is different.(again the label on the unit is your friend)
Look to see if hole is skinny or fat.

Last edited:
If you look on the label, on the bottom of the unit, it will indicate the power requirements.

These should work:

The important part is making sure that it's the right Barrel Tip, Center Pin Positive, most these days are 19v but some are 12v(that's why you look at the label).

You can pick the style/direction the ac end goes into the wall.

EDIT: ASUS is not uniform with how they do it world wide or even with the same unit. I have 2 AX58U's and the AC Adapter is different for each and the Barrel Size is different.(again the label on the unit is your friend)
Look to see if hole is skinny or fat.

Thank you for your reply.

I've got 12v with 2.5A input.

I'm assuming the input hole is the fat one ( picture attached)

Possibly 2.5 x 5.5 option ?

Regards

Attachments

• 20231128_163153.jpg
    20231128_163153.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 27

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!