What's new

Review request: Drobo FS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Great links

@teknojnky: Thanks for those links! Both parts of the linked article provided valuable information, as did the comments on those articles. (There are so many comments, it took hours to read through them all - and follow all the links they provide). The consensus appears to be, that the Drobo is in fact very slow in comparison to other NAS solutions - so I wasn't imagining things on that front. On the other hand there was little mention of drive failures - that leads me to believe that maybe my unit was a dud and a replacement may not kick out one drive after another.

The end of my Drobo Saga

After talking to the tech at my retailer, I returned the Drobo FS and ordered a QNAP instead. It's twice as expensive but supposedly it will work. This ends my personal Drobo Saga: I am not prepared to trust my data to a backup device that craters once a week, is slow as molasses, and has lousy support to boot.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!