What's new

Router with highest throughput in media bridge mode?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ben805

New Around Here
Hello, do you guys know which router brand and model has the highest download throughput that is better than R7000? Have a fios gigabit that i'm trying to take advantage of the speed. LAN Wiring straight to my primary router Asus RT-AC5300 i get 950/980 mbps. having my old R7000 (with Merlin firmware) in media bridge mode, even when i tested it only 3 to 5ft away from main router i only get 550/600 max, R7000 connected to the RT-AC5300 in 5Ghz channel, there isn't any interference as none of my neighbors have 5Ghz, 149 to 161 are all clean and wide open. Or do you think 550/600 range in media bridge (client mode) is as good as it gets?

on the client side I have both Asus PCE-AC68 and PCE-AC88 wifi adapters too, link rate connected between 1.3 to 1.5Gbps but their throughput still can not beat the R7000 in media bridge mode.

By the way, I have also tred the Ubiquiti AC-HD, Netgear R8300 (as both primary, and also in bridge mode to the RT-AC5300), and TP-Link AC3150 v2, none of their wifi throughput can break 550/600 even when they were sitting few feet away from main router.

Look at ASUS BRT-AC828 it has 2 physical Gigabit Ethernet WAN ports it can provide aggregated WAN bandwidth up to 2Gbps and up to 4Gbps LAN with Link Aggregation.