What's new

RT-1900P Terrible 5 GHz downlink throughput with Intel 2x2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thiggins

Mr. Easy
Staff member
ASUS finally sent one to test.

I'm testing the product with 3.0.0.4.380.4118 firmware with the standard Intel AC 8260 2x2
STA and 18.40.0.9 Win 7 Pro 64 bit driver.

Getting awful downlink (AP to STA) throughput (like 20 Mbps maximum). Uplink seems fine (> 400 Mbps max).

Has anyone seen anything similar?

ASUS finally sent one to test.

I'm testing the product with 3.0.0.4.380.4118 firmware with the standard Intel AC 8260 2x2
STA and 18.40.0.9 Win 7 Pro 64 bit driver.

Getting awful downlink (AP to STA) throughput (like 20 Mbps maximum). Uplink seems fine (> 400 Mbps max).

Has anyone seen anything similar?

Have seen others reporting the same issue here and in other forums on various Asus routers and it's exactly the same 20m down and 40m up

There's a performance optimization setting I had to disable in my Intel 7260 to fix a performance issue with my RT-AC88U. Can't recall the exact setting, and I don't have my laptop with me to check at the moment. The setting was in Device Manager. Might be worth a shot.

There's a performance optimization setting I had to disable in my Intel 7260 to fix a performance issue with my RT-AC88U. Can't recall the exact setting, and I don't have my laptop with me to check at the moment. The setting was in Device Manager. Might be worth a shot.

Is that the "Throughput Booster" setting in the Device Manager Driver Advanced Tab?

Well, problem seems to have fixed itself, or maybe it's intermittent. I normally power cycle between test runs and when I checked throughput before I did my run, downlink throughput was normal (about same as uplink). I power cycled again and did a third run and high throughput remained.

Settings were factory default and only changes were to set 2.4 GHz to channel 6 and 20 MHz B/W and set 5 GHz to channel 40.

Is that the "Throughput Booster" setting in the Device Manager Driver Advanced Tab?

That's the one (I'm currently sitting with my laptop so I just checked). I was having abysmal performance while trying to generate a disk image of my laptop over SMB at the time, until I disabled that option.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!