What's new

RT-AC3200 Question On Dropped Connections

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LoneWolf3574

Occasional Visitor
I don't actually have the RT-AC3200 router yet, I'm looking to upgrade to it from a RT-AC66U and give the 66U to my dad so he doesn't have to rent a router from Comcast. I've been reading a lot of customer reviews (Newegg) about a dropped connection issue and there is even a mention of this issue in the review written here on SmallNetBuilder. I'm wondering if the Asuswrt-Merlin firmware actually solves this problem or not before I drop the $279 + shipping on this.

I'm using the latest from Merlin and have no dropped connections. I have a total of 35 devices connected, eight are direct and the rest are wireless. This includes the Nest thermostat and CO monitor. Both of these have been a headache for me in the past with Linksys and other routers.

Thank you, I'm going to go ahead and get this router from Amazon now. I've already downloaded Asuswrt-Merlin for it and will install the firmware when I set it up. :)

I've done a bit more reading and it looks like the primary problem of lost connections with Smart Connect is due to the lack of a manual (documentation) by Asus - ASUS RT-AC3200 Smart Connect: The Missing Manual, go figure.