What's new

RT-AC3200 - Version 3.0.0.4.382.50010

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Murtaza12

Regular Contributor
https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RTAC3200/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Description:

ASUS RT-AC3200 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.382.50010
Security fixed
- Fixed AiCloud XSS vulnerabilities
- Fixed XSS vulnerability. Thanks for Joaquim's contribution.
- Fixed LAN RCE vulnerability. An independent security researcher has reported this vulnerability to Beyond Security’s SecuriTeam Secure Disclosure program
- Fixed remote code execution vulnerability. Thanks to David Maciejak of Fortinet's FortiGuard Labs
- Fixed Smart Sync Stored XSS vulnerabilities. Thanks fo Guy Arazi's contribution.
- Fixed CVE-2018-5721 Stack-based buffer overflow.

Bug fixed
- Fixed CTF related issues
- Fixed AiCloud smart sync issue.
- Fixed client icon modification issue when client name includes special characters.
- Fixed AiCloud smart sync problem.

Download:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC3200/FW_RT_AC3200_300438250010.ZIP

No AiMesh since it's still 382 but I'm happy to see the AC3200 getting regular updates.
Will be updating to this build soon and see how it is compared to the previously released 382 build.

Just over 16 hours of uptime.
Did a clean install of this firmware.
Works great, rock solid in terms of stability so far.

Stay away from 3.0.0.4.382.50010 it is junk. I have a moderate size network in a 1600 SQF apartment with approximately 30 wireless devices and 30 wired devices. Five of my older wireless devices refusing to connect and many that do lose connection. Had to role back to 3.0.0.4.382.19466 which has been relatively stable.

Stay away from 3.0.0.4.382.50010 it is junk. I have a moderate size network in a 1600 SQF apartment with approximately 30 wireless devices and 30 wired devices. Five of my older wireless devices refusing to connect and many that do lose connection. Had to role back to 3.0.0.4.382.19466 which has been relatively stable.
I noticed this too. Coverage seems significantly lower, however no complaints though since all devices can still connect just fine. Stability wise it's all good for me.

Has anyone heard one whether the RT-AC3200 will get AIMesh?
I could've sworn I read it in the beta threads for AiMesh that it would get it, but much later than the currently supported models.

Installed 3.0.0.4.382_50010

Now my Wifi Speed has gone from 300- 400 Mbps to 80 Mbps ( Asus PCE - AC68 adapater).

Clearly it's the firmware.

Way to go Asus!

Yeah, stay away from this firmware 3.0.0.4.382_50010. Played with it for hours and finally downgraded to 3.0.0.4.382.19466.

It was buggy as all hell - it did something with my 2.4GHz band where devices all said the key (password) was incorrect; but it was not. I reset to factory settings and then reapplied my settings - still didn't fix it. Key shown was not working and it had not changed.

Also TKIP disappeared from the options on the 2.4GHz band for WPA2-Personal (only shows AES as an option). Right before I upgraded the firmware, I looked at this and it showed AES, TKIP, and AES/TKIP as options here. Even downgrading to 3.0.0.4.382.19466 didn't fix this; I must have been using a version of firmware prior to that before the upgrade.

Not sure about this option prior to the upgrade, but post upgrade to
3.0.0.4.382_50010 I could not uncheck the "B/G Protection" box in the 2.4GHz settings area.

-Gina

Also TKIP disappeared from the options on the 2.4GHz band for WPA2-Personal (only shows AES as an option).

Technically, WPA2-Personal does not support TKPI, only WPA-Personal does.

And in any case, nobody should be using TKIP, unless they don't mind their wifi being easy to break into.

All good here. Uptime 0 days 7 hours 9 minute(s) 53 seconds.
Been through all the sections and tabs to check that everything is in order. No problems.
Wired and wireless speed tests working as expected.

I installed the Version 3.0.0.4.382.50010 firmware update yesterday morning and it does not work well for my RT-AC3200. At first it seemed good, as smart-phones and laptops all connected and had sufficiently strong/fast signals. Later as the family tried to stream TV shows/movies through either of two Vizio smart TV's, or through a Sony Blu-ray player, and most egregiously my son's Play Station 4, I realized that several devices would not re-connect no matter how many times I tried. As an experiment, I turned OFF security so that I now had OPEN wifi, and the PS4 connected and worked. I let my son play on PS4 with his online friends for an hour or so, then told him, sorry, I have to secure this wifi. PS4 and TV's not working again after adding the password back in. A Google search brought me here, then I rolled it back to the earlier version of firmware and all is good again (Thanks SNB forum members!). I don't typically sign up on forums like this, but I wanted to let the community know of another user for which this firmware is "buggy" to say the least. It appears to be fine for some users. I'd guess the issues are related more to what specific devices users are connecting to. I hope ASUS sees threads like this and fixes the issues quickly. I can't stand seeing the flashing yellow "firmware update available" icon on the config page, knowing that clicking it will bring pain.

I signed up for this forum just to post that Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.382_50010 is complete garbage. Along with randomly messing with my 2.4ghz connected items, it also seemed to block some of my stuff connected to my 2nd 5ghz network. I would get the prompt on these devices that the network key is incorrect. I reverted back to 3.0.0.4.382_19466 and everything is back to normal. I've owned the rt-3200 for years and never came across a bad firmware. I guess I will wait and research new firmware versions before I apply.

After this update my PS4 cannot connect and my Scansnap takes several minutes to connect. Going to have to downgrade.

After this update my PS4 cannot connect and my Scansnap takes several minutes to connect. Going to have to downgrade.

Try disabling Airtime Fairness.

Try disabling Airtime Fairness.

Thanks for the comment. I've already reinstalled 50010 trying to get it working (with a manual reconfig the 2nd time). Sigh, I'll have to try again with this airtime fairness thing.

I'm thinking it might be time to jump to you're (most appreciated) Merlin firmware. Asus' support of this slightly older (but hi-end) router seems a bit lacking.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!