What's new

RT-AC68P Firmware Upgrade Issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

whitedollarpen

New Around Here
Hello all,

I have been having trouble upgrading the firmware on my ASUS RT-AC68P router. It is currently on Merlin's 3.0.0.4.376.49_2 version. I am currently running Windows 10 and have tried unsuccessfully to upgrade my router through IE, Edge, and Firefox. I upload the chosen firmware .trx file and it will go through the "upgrade" process up to 100% where it says "Completed" it then kicks me back to the homepage but the firmware is still at the same version. I have done multiple factory restores/resets through the web interface and through the button on the back. I have tried both Merlin and ASUS OEM firmware, as well as having tried both wireless and wired. I do not know what is going on? Has anyone had a similar issue?

I do not know what is going on? Has anyone had a similar issue?
Hi,

This was asked and answered many times recently a small search would help... :rolleyes:

Pls. read the chang log and look for CFE update! :eek:
Update to the version with the CFE update first and then to the recent one.

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Hi,

This was asked and answered many times recently a small search would help... :rolleyes:

Pls. read the chang log and look for CFE update! :eek:
Update to the version with the CFE update first and then to the recent one.

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Thanks, and apologies. I have been out of the scene for awhile and didn't presume this was a common issue.

This is actually a bit more interesting. I thought that all the recent Merlin builds contained the CFE update, so that a step update wouldn't be necessary. Maybe I'm mistaken?

This is actually a bit more interesting. I thought that all the recent Merlin builds contained the CFE update, so that a step update wouldn't be necessary.
I had the same understanding, but it seams that with the recent build people have issues if they come from a 40s version... :rolleyes:
Would I be correct in assuming that the implied step update is 378.50 and then I can go up to 378.56_2?
Correct! ;)

But keep in mind that the new CFE will also repartition the flash and you will loose /JFFS - so better do a backup!

This is actually a bit more interesting. I thought that all the recent Merlin builds contained the CFE update, so that a step update wouldn't be necessary. Maybe I'm mistaken?

It should still be there, unless Asus changed that code. Since it's closed source (cfe.o), I have no way of knowing.

If that's the case, we'll have to track a known good release (beside Asus's last 376 release which will eventually disappear from their website), for future reference.