What's new

RT-AC68U (fw: 3.0.0.4.378_7369) Adaptive QoS - WAN/LAN Bandwidth Monitor problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Diamond67

Hi

Just bought this router a few days ago (so I'm a complete newbie...) and upgraded firmware to version 3.0.0.4.378_7369, which was available that time. After fw upgrade I restored the factory defaults and configured all the settings. No problems at all so far.

Then I went to Adaptive QoS - QoS to configuration, enabled Smart QoS, chose Adaptive QoS (Upload Bandwidth 10 Mb/s, Download 100 Mb/s). Applying took some time for the router to finish setting up the config but no worry. I also rebooted the router after this.

In the Traffic Monitor -tab I can see the traffic graphs (for example Real-time and Last 24 Hours) OK.

However, and this is my problem, when I open the Bandwidth Monitor -tab (Adaptive QoS - WAN/LAN Bandwidth Monitor, Apps analysis: ON) I can see the connected computers but nothing happens. When I click any of the computers I can only see yellow "No Traffic in the list"-text. Upload Bandwidth and Dowload Bandwidth gauges are both totally dead showing 0.00 Megabits all the time. There are no upload or download bars visible, just 0.0 Kb constantly even if I run speedtest.net and use the full bandwidth of my internet connection or download some torrent files as a test.

I also tried with both NAT Acceleration settings (Auto and Disable). In vain.

Am I missing something? Should there happen something in the Bandwidth Monitor window, or not? :confused:

Not a big deal, but...

Last edited:
Hey man I am having the same issues as you are with the Traffic Monitor and Traffic analyzer. I am running Merlin's FW 378.55, I have been told and also read a few threads on here that those options are still buggy, hopefully when they release a new FW it will be sorted out?

If you enable the Traffic Analyzer- Statistic, does it at least show your Clients on the pull down tab?

I have done a full hard reset and still nothing. Other then these issues the router has been running fine with no wifi drops, QOS seems to be working great. I also might add that I do not use any usb storage devices on the router, just the basic features.

If you enable the Traffic Analyzer- Statistic, does it at least show your Clients on the pull down tab?
That must be something you can find from Asuswrt-Merlin only? I cannot locate that option in the menus of my current fw. Maybe I'm blind anyway? I don't use Merlin (yet?).

That must be something you can find from Asuswrt-Merlin only? I cannot locate that in the menus of my current fw. I don't use Merlin (yet?).

Aww, I see. Well I guess its broke then for the asus and merlin fw??

Maybe? Anyway, this is not a big problem for me. Although it would be nice to know if there exists a firmware version with a functional Bandwidth Monitor? Or maybe I've just missed a setting which activates it in my current fw.

I would like to see those gauges and bars working, like in the pictures of this Asus support page:
http://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1010934/

Maybe? Anyway, this is not a big problem for me. Although it would be nice to know if there exists a firmware version with a functional Bandwith Monitor? Or maybe I've just missed a setting which activates it in my current fw.

I would like to see those gauges working, like in the pictures of this Asus support page:

Yeah I have never seen those gauges move like that also, I dont think its a setting in the router. I just think its broke?

Yeah I have never seen those gauges move like that also, I dont think its a setting in the router. I just think its broke?

Do you mean that the firmware is broke, or could it be a hardware problem? A faulty component? Seems like many other users don't have this problem?

If someone has a working Bandwidth Monitor, please tell me your firmware version.

Last edited:
FW broken in my opinion.

I mean it does not work for me at all????

Qos has some issues... Im guessing firmware, not hardware =)

Yeah I think you might be right, the traffic monitor has never worked for me, I had the ac87r and now this one. I am wondering if I really need QOS.

I have 300 down and 20 up, so I am wondering if I do need to enable it? I have at peek times about 18 devices hooked up to my network. I would think I have enough bandwith to go around, dont know?

Whats funny when I tried the netgear 7500, in the manual it said that QOS would not work for me because I had a high down load speed?

Anyway I started to have issues last night, wifi bands started to drop and then the router just rebooted by it self??

Gonna do another hard reset on it and see what happens.

Maybe? Anyway, this is not a big problem for me. Although it would be nice to know if there exists a firmware version with a functional Bandwith Monitor? Or maybe I've just missed a setting which activates it in my current fw.

I would like to see those gauges working, like in the pictures of this Asus support page:

So after doing a hard rest on the ac68p, and reinstalling Merlins 378.55 and setting things back up I got the Bandwidth Meter to work??

I did not enable QOS at all and also did not color code my devices from highest to lowest.

The funny thing is when I enable QOS the monitor stops working?

Also the traffic analyzer does not work, I have enabled it, maybe there is another check box I have to check off, dont know.

20150724_093143.jpg
20150724_093146.jpg

Last edited:
I have Also noticed that Nat Acceleration disables it self??? I have enabled it twice and when I log out of the router and go back in it is disabled. I have done a reboot on the router also and it still disables itself, QOS is not enabled.

What is up with this router, for about a week it was working great now its starting to give me issues. This is getting old with ASUS routers.

Yeah I think you might be right, the traffic monitor has never worked for me, I had the ac87r and now this one. I am wondering if I really need QOS.

I have 300 down and 20 up, so I am wondering if I do need to enable it? I have at peek times about 18 devices hooked up to my network. I would think I have enough bandwith to go around, dont know?

Whats funny when I tried the netgear 7500, in the manual it said that QOS would not work for me because I had a high down load speed?

Anyway I started to have issues last night, wifi bands started to drop and then the router just rebooted by it self??

Gonna do another hard reset on it and see what happens.

My 2 cents, with 300 down and 20 up you should be fine with no QOS. I have the same bandwidth as well and have 30 devices and I'm fine. My only issue with this router is the lease expires and than I lose the Wan IP address and everyone is down.

I hear you man, gonna go with no QOS and see hoe it works for a week. Now at least the NAT Acceleration does not disable anymore, maybe a bug, god only knows.

That sucks that your router is having issues too, I just want a router that WORKS, and spending a few hours a day maintaining it, well its like having another job?

I have not had any drops on the wifi bands since I did a hard reset on it, but we will see. But for now no QOS.

Take the router back to best buy man, try maybe another brand, I like ASUS, my whole gaming rig is pretty much ASUS so I would like to stick to the brand. I had 4 ac87r's and I took those back for all the issues they had. Maybe ASUS is just throwing stuff out there that is not ready for the consumer, and just letting us beta test the damm things?

So after doing a hard rest on the ac68p, and reinstalling Merlins 378.55 and setting things back up I got the Bandwidth Meter to work??

I did not enable QOS at all and also did not color code my devices from highest to lowest.

The funny thing is when I enable QOS the monitor stops working?
Holy smoke! At least you got some life into those gauges.

I'm pretty sure my Bandwidth Monitor has been dead all the time, from the very beginning. I started configuring QoS mainly because there was nothing happening in the Bandwidth Monitor and I thought QoS needs some tweaking in order to get Bandwidth Monitor up and running.

Update

So now the bandwidth monitor does not work at all, I am streaming a moive and watching youtube videos and no life in them.

I tweaked the settings once more. Even rebooted the router. Now, in the Traffic Monitor -tab I cannot see the Real-time traffic graphs any more. Gauges won't work either.

54ffe5266025c-dog1.jpg

I tweaked the settings once more. Even rebooted the router. Now, in the Traffic Monitor -tab I cannot see the Real-time traffic graphs any more. Gauges won't work either.

54ffe5266025c-dog1.jpg

lol,

Yeah man its the router and FW I think, funny that I am just using the basic features on this thing and even then this thing wont work like it should.

Feel bad for the people that use all the other features on this thing.

funny that I am just using the basic features on this thing

Me too. Actually, RT-AC68U is my home router and I only have three computers and my mobile phone attached to this device. And I don't use them simultaneously...

My previous wlan router was Netgear WNDR3700, but after 5 years or solid performance it started to develop some symptoms of component failure; amber power led after cold boot, attached usb drive missing etc. I was this close to purchase Netgear R7000, but eventually decided to change the brand and bought Asus.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!