What's new

RT-AC68U installing Download Master turns off wireless

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Simon Greenwood

New Around Here
Haven't dug through the forum to see if this is a known issue but it's taken me half an hour of swearing to work it out so I thought I'd write it up.

I've put a 64Gb USB 3.0 in my AC68U to use for downloading as my download server is on a powerline network and I've had a couple of problems with it getting overwhelmed. I installed the Download Manager and started a download off, then went to make dinner. When my daughter couldn't get her iPad to work I noticed that the 5G network was missing (the iPad is really the only device that uses it). When I checked the admin dashboard I noticed that the wifi indicator was unlit. Rebooted and no joy. On the WPS page it pointed out that wifi was off and sent me to the Professional tab, where, sure enough 'Enable Radio' was set to 'No'. Switching both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz to 'yes' obviously brought the network back to life.

Is there a logical reason for this? I can't think of one.

Merlin 380.57 and the router is in AP mode. I reset it last time I updated but have switched to AP mode since. I was more annoyed that installing software from the control panel switches off a fundamental part of the hardware.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!