What's new

RT-AC68U SETUP PROBLEM..HELP!!!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Julesatlanta

Occasional Visitor
According to the Asus RT-AC68U documentation this router can be setup as a OpenVPN server that masks ALL transmission from all devices WITHOUT adding vpn software to each device. I cant get any info on doing this. Does anyone know how to do this so I don't have to purchase vpn service from a vendor? Please help! I've been working on this for a month.

The Asus' OpenVPN server is for internet clients to connect into your network. So if you were abroad you could use it to connect back into your home network.

The Asus' OpenVPN client can be used to direct some or all of your LAN devices to an external VPN service (like PIA).

So there is no way to setup this A2 router to avoid having to put vpn software on each device even though documentation says there is?
? Ok, I have the openvpn server setup so I can connect when away from home, however, PIA says they don't support that setup. They want me to revert to default setting and only use the vpn client. What I am trying to do is make my devices INCLUDING my android tv box work thru the vpn so it has some protection.

So there is no way to setup this A2 router to avoid having to put vpn software on each device even though documentation says there is?
? Ok, I have the openvpn server setup so I can connect when away from home, however, PIA says they don't support that setup. They want me to revert to default setting and only use the vpn client. What I am trying to do is make my devices INCLUDING my android tv box work thru the vpn so it has some protection.

Search this forum. What you want to do is simple. Long thread on how to set it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No that's not what I said. "The Asus' OpenVPN client can be used to direct some or all of your LAN devices to an external VPN service (like PIA)."

But you said you didn't want purchase a VPN service (like PIA:rolleyes:).

Colin, I'm a newbie with router setup and I apologize if Im being confusing. Let me try this again.
I have my openvpn server setup for outside connection. I have just added a PIA openvpn client to it as well. How do I connect my devices thru that client?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!