What's new

RT-AC68U smart connect

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Christin Lemieux

New Around Here
Does the ac68u have smart connect? I recently installed the latest asuswrt-merlin firmware and can’t seem to find the smart connect feature. Before the update I swear to god I had that feature enabled. What are my options if it no longer has it? If I name both ssid the same will clients automatically connect to the best option?

thanks
Chris

Does the ac68u have smart connect? I recently installed the latest asuswrt-merlin firmware and can’t seem to find the smart connect feature. Before the update I swear to god I had that feature enabled. What are my options if it no longer has it? If I name both ssid the same will clients automatically connect to the best option?

thanks
Chris
you're using obsolete hardware with obsolete firmware. get a horse. btw this site is dead there's no reviews or tests to speak of. use routersecurity.org it's better

to answer your question: there has never been SmartConnect on RT-AC68U, maybe you meant RT-AC86U which got it.

I had all kinds of problems until I figured out the AC68U doesn't support Smart Connect. Main symptom was that the 68U would periodically drop a strong 5GHz connection to the main router in favor of a weak 2.4GHz connection.