What's new

RT-AC87U 3.0.0.4.378_4608 Unofficial Beta Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cc666

Very Senior Member
RT-AC87U 3.0.0.4.378_4608 Unofficial Beta

Download: http://bit.ly/1HcAYC5

Better to keep this separate from the Official firmware posts.

For me so far so good. I turned on the Beam forming on both 2.4 and 5.0 bands.
D/ls from the 2 TB HD attached to the USB 3.0 port in the router yielding outstanding D/L and U/L speeds. So far everything is working properly. I say a definite try.

Make sure you factory reset after installing and then put in all you settings manually.
Post your findings.

CC

In my case everything is working just perfect. The only thing to complain (but I understand it's a beta) is that some games (i.e. Evolve) are unable to connect when AiProtection features are on. I had to disable them in order to play. Apart from that it's a really nice update... it fixed several things from previous versions.

RT-AC87U 3.0.0.4.378_4608 Unofficial Beta

Download: http://bit.ly/1HcAYC5

Better to keep this separate from the Official firmware posts.

For me so far so good. I turned on the Beam forming on both 2.4 and 5.0 bands.
D/ls from the 2 TB HD attached to the USB 3.0 port in the router yielding outstanding D/L and U/L speeds. So far everything is working properly. I say a definite try.

Make sure you factory reset after installing and then put in all you settings manually.
Post your findings.

CC
my beam forming turned on, all my wireless connectivity starts to show problems.. :(

apple problem ?

I really hate to say it but
after 24 hours PS4 lag like crazy, soo bad that I could not even get a kill (played 4 different games in a row and lag test was over 8 seconds), I then immediately installed dd-wrt (within 5 minutes), lag test was a great 4 seconds and I was at the top for 3 games in a row and went to bed after.

I also tried to reboot the router with this beta and lag was instant, there is still a major problem with this and reboots (3 87R routers now) besides the lag.

BUT the first 15 hours was great, I wish it lasted....

I really hate to say it but
after 24 hours PS4 lag like crazy, soo bad that I could not even get a kill (played 4 different games in a row and lag test was over 8 seconds), I then immediately installed dd-wrt (within 5 minutes), lag test was a great 4 seconds and I was at the top for 3 games in a row and went to bed after.

I also tried to reboot the router with this beta and lag was instant, there is still a major problem with this and reboots (3 87R routers now) besides the lag.

BUT the first 15 hours was great, I wish it lasted....

Yikes, I did also see lag even going onto web sites. For some reason the DDWRT never lags, web
pages load like lightening just as fast 3 days later as the day it is installed. I may also be going back the DDWRT.

Anyone else seeing lag after 24 hours?

CC

my beam forming turned on, all my wireless connectivity starts to show problems.. :(

The beamforming on the beta release was specifically turned off. As it is a beta, I have a feeling that they're still smoothing that out; ASUS@SG on another forum commented they would turn it back on in the final release.

I've not done a factory reset in quite awhile, but I decided to reset and try this one. So far, things are working okay for me --and yes, I have not turned beamforming back on.

In my case everything is working perfect and better than 4376, BUT AiProtection must be disabled if I want to play online games on my PC

Replied through Tapatalk

In my case everything is working perfect and better than 4376, BUT AiProtection must be disabled if I want to play online games on my PC

Replied through Tapatalk
AiProtection default to disable ??

This firmware fixes the vlan1 issue but i still got the connection drop on the 5ghz band.. 2.4ghz is rock solid though. I get the connection drop within 30 minutes after i start a videostream on plex or twich. 2.4ghz is solid. I stream from lan or wan to the 5ghz. Beamforming disabled

Hi,

Firewall v.3.0.0.4.378_4608 are now installed on my AC87U.

So far so good.
I have 14 devices connected (tablets, smartphones, laptops, computers, printer)
UPnP is working good.
No NAT loopback issue
VLAN1 loop seems to be fixed (br0)

- Adaptive QoS is enable (1000/1000 Mb/s)
- Parental Controls is enable
- DHCP Server is enable (Manually assigned 12 IP's)
- SSH is enable
- Tx power adjustment 50% on both bands
- AiProtection -Network Protection
- NAT Acceleration AUTO CTF(Cut Through Forwarding) is enabled.

Disable:
- DLNA Media Server
- iTunes Server
- Samba
- FTP
- Universal Beamforming (default disable)
- WPS

Bugs:

- WPS (I have disabled the WPS, after a reboot of the router. The WPS is still enable on 5Ghz band.

After 6 hours uptime:
Temperatures:
cat /proc/dmu/temperature
CPU temperature : 83 C

qcsapi_sockrpc get_temperature
temperature_rfic_external = 0.0
temperature_rfic_internal = 66.6
temperature_bbic_internal = 75.0

wl -i eth1 phy_tempsense
53 (0x35)

EDIT: 23 hours uptime

So far so good :)

EDIT: 2 days & 6 hours uptime

Well after 2 days, there is no problems.

I'm going to enable the AiProtection - Network Protection

EDIT: 2 days & 12 hours uptime, reboot

I did an reboot of my router.
One bug is the WPS is till enable on the 5Ghz band

I report back in couple of days :)

Last edited:
Just to confirm that here Traffic Monitor works fine, seems to report broadly the correct daily consumption.

I have similar ON/OFF as you except for Aiprotection that is fully ON.

Last edited:
Just to confirm that here Traffic Monitor works fine, seems to report broadly the correct daily consumption.

I have similar ON/OFF as you except for Aiprotection that is fully ON.

Hi,

I did enable the AiProtection -Network Protection for 1 hour ago, let's hope I get some more number in Traffic Monitor, on Daily tab
Look at the image, and i have been downloading many GB the last 2 days.

Attachments

• TM.jpg
    TM.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 763

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!