What's new

RT-AC87U 5ghz Throuput problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Stag1

Occasional Visitor
I've owned the RT-AC87U since the beginning and running the latest stock firmware 5134. I've noticed a substantial speed decrease to all my wireless clients, with throughput on the 5ghz radio, the 2.4ghz is fine. The signal strength great, but the data throughput is horrible. Also when I run a speed test it will peg it really fast and then it will freeze and drop down and slows way down,speeds back up and then freezes and slows way down again. This only occurs on the 5ghz radio and has not done it until the new 5134 firmware. Is anyone else seeing this issue or is it just mine? Thanks in advance for your input.

I've owned the RT-AC87U since the beginning and running the latest stock firmware 5134. I've noticed a substantial speed decrease to all my wireless clients, with throughput on the 5ghz radio, the 2.4ghz is fine. The signal strength great, but the data throughput is horrible. Also when I run a speed test it will peg it really fast and then it will freeze and drop down and slows way down,speeds back up and then freezes and slows way down again. This only occurs on the 5ghz radio and has not done it until the new 5134 firmware. Is anyone else seeing this issue or is it just mine? Thanks in advance for your input.

Have you done a factory default reset after switching to a FW > 4900? 4950 (and the few previous betas) introduced a new firmware for the 5 GHz system, a factory default reset was required by it (it's still mentionned in the 5134 changelog BTW).

Have you done a factory default reset after switching to a FW > 4900? 4950 (and the few previous betas) introduced a new firmware for the 5 GHz system, a factory default reset was required by it (it's still mentionned in the 5134 changelog BTW).

Yes, I did the factory reset before and after installing 5134. I do it the same way every time and I never restore my old configuration, I start from new. Thanks

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!