What's new

RT-AC87U Gbit wan speeds @ 30% why?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Celtan1C

New Around Here
Hey all, my first post here :)

Been here for a while sence i bought the 87U. And it has is faults... :)

Anyway, I can't figure out why my gbit speed suddenly can't get above 400Mbps on both download/upload with all sence stock fw. Right now same with merlins 378.55. Every setting i could think of is checked on the WAN tab. And it's not my ISPs fault, i tested with rj45 cat6 cable right from the rj45connection in the apartment to laptop and immediately got 950+Mbps on both Upload/Download. like i wrote ealier first week when i bought it and had stock fw on same pcs i got above 900Mbps+ every time.

Did a speedtest right after i installed a clean update+factory resett to Merlins .55
same result.

----> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5kqm6gSI5NvNXQ4V0lRdW5lRDg

-Local nic drivers checked
-not running any vpn.
-all connections get same result on 1gbit nics on 3 different PCs.
-all connections are with rj45 cat 6 cables, so no wireless connections at all involved.

FW
-same with official 3.0.0.4.378.5134
-immediately after 378_7449 beta was installed (latest was confirmed to be a bad one so skipped that one) i got 280+Mbps on download and 926Mps on upload! how come it just increased with 600Mbps on a fw change!?

i've not reinstalled stock fw yet to confirm it but if i do get back full speeds i can't say my 87U is broke. and i'm stuck.. but we'll get back to you later 2day after work when i have tested stock fw again.

Help! :)
Regards Cel

In order to get near gigabit speeds HW (NAT) Acceleration has to be enabled. Double check on the Tools page for the HW Acceleration status.

In order to get near gigabit speeds HW (NAT) Acceleration has to be enabled. Double check on the Tools page for the HW Acceleration status.
i thought i checked that beacuse i'm not that blind but apperently i was :) does it say NAT Acceleration on official to? went upp to high 800+mbps after that so we (you) found the reason.
big thanks John!

Regards Cel

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!