What's new

RT-AC87U (R) Stability

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rmb

New Around Here
Hi,

Just updated to firmware 3.0.0.4.378.9460 to try to fix stability issues where router would lose internet connection randomly. Was OK for a couple of days and then it gave me an error that said I could not login because it was not an asus router. How do I solve this? The router still seems to work for access, just can't get into it to administer.

Hi,

Just updated to firmware 3.0.0.4.378.9460 to try to fix stability issues where router would lose internet connection randomly. Was OK for a couple of days and then it gave me an error that said I could not login because it was not an asus router. How do I solve this? The router still seems to work for access, just can't get into it to administer.
Reset to defaults. If don't know how search this forum.

Use the routers IP (typically 192.168.1.1) and login with the name and password you defined - do not use a hostname as it's not working well at the moment.

With latest Merlin firmware 380.57 the AC87U is rock solid and performs great in my case - see footer!

Last edited:
Reset to defaults. If don't know how search this forum.
Use the routers IP (typically 192.168.1.1) and login with the name and password you defined - do not use a hostname as it's not working well at the moment.

With latest Merlin firmware 380.57 the AC87U is rock solid and performs great in my case - see footer!
I always use the IP to login by habit over a lot of years with different routers. I have now updated to Merlin firmware and now I can login, but only once and then I have to reboot as it won't logout and often gets stuck processing a page to view in the settings. Going to return and try another Asus one as it stays online to use, I just can't administer it. It is the only router n have found with good user limitations for scheduling that is easy to use, excellent traffic monitoring and parental controls including history and with Merlin the ability to add dns filtering overall and by user, so I really don't want to use another brand ( have used tp link, dlink, linksys in the past and this Asus firmware is much nicer, hoping it was just bad luck with the device I got).
I did try resetting to default by holding red reset button in, that did nothing and also tried to restore defaults from settings which seemed to do nothing after an hour with the spinning icon for processing up. Maybe I did it wrong ?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!