What's new

RT-AC87U RMA advice...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wfhmaster

Occasional Visitor
I'm stuck. My router has only worked for a few days or weeks at a time before it goes into some sort of crash loop where it only stays up for hours at a time after a cold boot. I'm forced to reset or reflash and start over again in a few days or weeks. When it crashes everything dies, even Ethernet, yet all the lights stay on and flashing as usual. I've tried every firmware released thus far and have followed the factory reset instructions each time. I don't use any advanced settings and it is very lightly loaded at all times. The unit is not hot and is well ventilated. Does this sound like I should RMA it? ASUS support is telling me to RAM without even troubleshooting, but I can't be without something that works (even if for just a little while) while the RMA processes. So I'm going to have to buy another product to do this... I just need to make sure that is what I have to do. One more thing, the log file just stops when it crashes, so I have nothing to go on as to a root cause.

Thanks for any help!

Check your syslog for errors after crashing.

Theres a high chance needing to RMA the router, from my experience i can say that Quantenna does not last long, you can see also here in the forum lots of cases on RT-AC87U model.

My router still works but 5GHZ band died, i will RMA it someday before warrantys over.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!