What's new

RT-AX86U Guest Wifi Issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

In general, is there a definitive way to know which official ASUS firmware releases each Merlin release is based on?

Asuswrt-Merlin is built on Asus provided GPL code. It may or may not match an official Asuswrt release. Check the changelog for details.

Hmm. I see that the changelog for the 388.6 beta notes "Merged GPL 388_24353", which appears to be newer than latest official firmware versions released for both RT-AX86U and RT-AX86U Pro (not sure if the numbers actually correlate like that). But I guess I'll sit tight and look forward to testing 388.6 when it comes out of beta.

I got antsy and tried it out. Unfortunately it didn't solve the specific problem I've been having. I'll have to wait and hope that an official firmware release will address the issue for the non-Pro model and hope that makes its way into a Merlin release eventually.

To properly test the Beta or any firmware, you need to flash it, and do a full reset to factory defaults. Otherwise, you're just chasing your tail (via inter-firmware differences and expected defaults from each).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!