What's new

RT-N65R wireless schedule

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Solara

Occasional Visitor
Can anyone shed any light on the "professional" part of the wireless access concerning date and times enabling it. I am going to try and turn on and off access times. I did do a test however the router when this feature enables is totally inaccessible. Also for some reason the power light on the router starts flashing rapidly and I lose all the other lights except the power light. Had to do a hard reset just to get back into the GUI of it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
bump bump!! surely there is someone out here than can give me some advice. RMerlin maybe you can view this for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated folks.

RT-N65R is a different beast. I don't have one, so I have no idea.

RT-N65R is a different beast. I don't have one, so I have no idea.
I would agree with that. I did check my RT-AC66R and it has the same settings to enable wireless. What actually happened to me on the RT-N65R was once I set the time for wireless access ad it closed during the time period I could not even access the router/internet at all even from a hard wired PC. I could see this from a wireless connection. Wound up having to reset the router back to defaults. Haven't tried it on my RT-AC66R but am wondering if it will do the same thing. :eek:

OK hopefully no one will get upset with me if I try to approach the above question in a different manner. Has anyone tested the timer part of the wireless settings under "professional" tab for an RT-AC66R router? I am interested to know this and if there is a bug in it. I did turn this on in a different model and was TOTALLY unable to log into the router after the disabled wireless time kicked in. I am kind of shocked as I was wired to the PC on the network and still couldn't log into 192.168.1.1 at all. Help or ideas would really be appreciated.

OK hopefully no one will get upset with me if I try to approach the above question in a different manner. Has anyone tested the timer part of the wireless settings under "professional" tab for an RT-AC66R router? I am interested to know this and if there is a bug in it. I did turn this on in a different model and was TOTALLY unable to log into the router after the disabled wireless time kicked in. I am kind of shocked as I was wired to the PC on the network and still couldn't log into 192.168.1.1 at all. Help or ideas would really be appreciated.

I've done some short (5 mins rather than multi-hour schedules) tests while verifying how the schedule interacted with the WPS radio toggle. I had no problem with it at that time.

Make sure you don't plug over both wifi and wired at the same time on your PC, as it might get confused about routing once the wifi goes down. If it's a laptop, disable wifi first.

Thanks for the tips RMerlin. My scenario was as follows. I had a PC that was hard wired on the network and a laptop that I was using to test the wireless. I made the time setting changes on the desktop PC. Then waited for the wireless to shutdown according to the schedule I had set. That worked fine once the set time was reached. The issue I had was I could not access the router via the 192.168.1.1 address from the desktop PC which was hard wired. Unless I am thinking incorrectly the desktop PC should have been able to access the router and the laptop would have had the wireless shut off and would be inaccessible. At any rate the only way I could get to the router was to reset it back to factory defaults and start all over again. I am wondering if anyone has tested this on the RT-AC66R and if so their results.