RT-N66U Tx Power Adjustment

Discussion in 'ASUS N Routers & Adapters' started by pawnslinger, Aug 5, 2012.

1. pawnslinger

pawnslinger Occasional Visitor

I have been playing with my new router... it works fine, but I guess I am bored, so I am playing with my new toy. I am retired, and don't have a lot to do... anyhow, that is another story.

My router is still on factory firmware, .112, and I like to change things and see what, if any, affect is produced. So i have been trying to change the transmit power adjustment. The firmware has it set at 80. And it just ignores my attempt to change it.

Is this just a bug in the firmware? Or did they really not want people to play with it? Does 3rd party firmware, like Tomato, allow one to fiddle with it? As soon as I got the new router, I wanted to flash Tomato onto it, but everyone around here thinks I am just a crazy old guy (to be polite).

Any ideas how to fiddle with the Transmit Power Adjustment?

2. Log in / Register to remove this ad

3. RMerlin

RMerlin Part of the Furniture

Click three times on "Apply". That's required when making a power change.

Don't ask me why Asus has put this code in the router - I'm still scratching my head over it. :confused:

4. pawnslinger

pawnslinger Occasional Visitor

Thanks! I was able to raise the transmit level to 100 and that improved my signal in my office from 50 to 72... the link rate didn't change, but I didn't really expect it to... it was already near its max of 150 for a single stream client.

Again, thank you!