What's new

RTRMON RTRMON v1.6.8 -Mar 17, 2024- Monitor your Router's Health (New: AMTM, Network Conn/Bandwidth/Diag + Port Scanner, GT-AXE/AX + Speedtest)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yeah, it may very well be AIprotection. I turn that stuff right away. I've had issues in the past with my old AC86U having an unresponsive UI, and I think what fixed it was disabling all the AIprotection crap, and really reducing the number of unnecessary scripts.

Put a cron job to see if the web server is working. Will monitor logs to see if it ever is caught stopped. Next step - will replace the echo message with reboot :)

Code:
# grep web post-mount
cru a webhealth "*/5  * * * * /jffs/scripts/web_health | /usr/bin/logger -t web_interface"

# cat web_health

#!/bin/sh
mkdir /tmp/web000  > /dev/null 2>&1
cd /tmp/web000  > /dev/null 2>&1
rm -fr Main_Login.asp  > /dev/null 2>&1
wget localhost/Main_Login.asp > /dev/null 2>&1
if [ ! -f "Main_Login.asp" ]; then
  touch timestamp.dead
  echo "no"
else
  touch timestamp.alive
fi

Update: something screwy with the logger, messages don't go to "messages" file. Added timestamps just to be sure.

Last edited:
Minor update to v1.58 today due to a small bug that recently surfaced... enjoy!

What's new?
v1.58 - (December 7, 2023)
- FIXED:
Issue where RTRMON would be returning invalid operand errors due to null vpnclient state entries in NVRAM. Used @Martinski's excellent function to catch for these now.

Download link (or update directly within AMTM):
Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/RTRMON/master/rtrmon-1.58.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh" && chmod 755 "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh"

Minor update to v1.58 today due to a small bug that recently surfaced... enjoy!

What's new?
v1.58 - (December 7, 2023)
- FIXED:
Issue where RTRMON would be returning invalid operand errors due to null vpnclient state entries in NVRAM. Used @Martinski's excellent function to catch for these now.

Download link (or update directly within AMTM):
Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/RTRMON/master/rtrmon-1.58.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh" && chmod 755 "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh"
Thanks for addressing yet another small bug!

Have you considered adding the code to RTRMON to automatically reload software after version update (just like you did for BACKUPMON)? I believe that it was @thelonelycoder that shared the code with you.

Thanks for addressing yet another small bug!

Have you considered adding the code to RTRMON to automatically reload software after version update (just like you did for BACKUPMON)? I believe that it was @thelonelycoder that shared the code with you.
Great catch, @visortgw ... I will get that implemented as well as a standard moving forward. Totally forgot - thank you for the reminder!

Added a new feature based on an OLD request, and some new changes!

What's new?
v1.6.2 - (February 7, 2024)
- PATCH:
Changed the versioning logic to align with the general accepted way of versioning, using the notation: major.minor.patch ... finally, right? After seeing @thelonelycoder changing his ways, I figured it was probably time for me as well. All my scripts moving forward will go this route. Change log wording is now changed to conform to the major/minor/patch standards. So previously, FIXED now conforms to PATCH, ADDED conforms to MINOR, and MAJOR stays the same!
- PATCH: Updated the NC statement that runs the SSL Handshake test under the Diagnostics menu. For some reason, something changed on possibly Google's end, yielding a failure each time. Now utilizing the same modified SSL Handshake statement carried over from VPNMON-R3 which is coming back successful. Thanks to @Makaveli for the heads-up!
- MINOR: Added new functionality that allows you to start on a specific page. A very old request from @Stephen Harrington! Thank you! :) You can make use of this functionally by specifying a page number (1-6) after you execute RTRMON using the -monitor or -screen function switch. (Example: rtrmon -monitor 2) This would execute RTRMON, and will start on the 2nd page (network bandwidth/usage stats). Enjoy!

Download Link (or update directly within AMTM or RTRMON itself):
Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/RTRMON/master/rtrmon-1.6.2.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh" && chmod 755 "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh"

I went to install RTRMON via AMTM via the RT option. It responded with:

RTRMON requires the Entware repository
installed. Enter ep to install Entware now.

So I entered EP and it found a compatible entware package on my attached USB drive:

Select device to install Entware to

1. /tmp/mnt/xxxxxUSB
Found compatible previous Entware
installation on this device.

Select device [1-1 e=Exit] 1

Running device checks on /tmp/mnt/xxxxxUSB
Device checks passed

This device contains a compatible Entware
installation, select what to do.

/tmp/mnt/xxxxxUSB

1. Reuse previous Entware installation.
This requires rebooting this router
after completion.
2. New Entware installation
3. Return to device selection

Enter selection [1-3 e=Exit]

Why does it think I need to install entware when there is already a compatible entware installation found? It doesn't appear I should need to do anything with respect to entware ...

I went to install RTRMON via AMTM via the RT option. It responded with:

RTRMON requires the Entware repository
installed. Enter ep to install Entware now.

So I entered EP and it found a compatible entware package on my attached USB drive:

Select device to install Entware to

1. /tmp/mnt/xxxxxUSB
Found compatible previous Entware
installation on this device.

Select device [1-1 e=Exit] 1

Running device checks on /tmp/mnt/xxxxxUSB
Device checks passed

This device contains a compatible Entware
installation, select what to do.

/tmp/mnt/xxxxxUSB

1. Reuse previous Entware installation.
This requires rebooting this router
after completion.
2. New Entware installation
3. Return to device selection

Enter selection [1-3 e=Exit]

Why does it think I need to install entware when there is already a compatible entware installation found? It doesn't appear I should need to do anything with respect to entware ...
I'm hoping @thelonelycoder can chime in on this one? I'm not quite sure why AMTM would say you need entware, but then finds a previous installation? If you aren't using any custom scripts at this time, perhaps it would be best to see if you can uninstall entware completely, and then reinstall using AMTM?'

EDIT: I see from your tag you are using custom scripts...

Added a new feature based on an OLD request, and some new changes!

What's new?
v1.6.2 - (February 7, 2024)
- PATCH:
Changed the versioning logic to align with the general accepted way of versioning, using the notation: major.minor.patch ... finally, right? After seeing @thelonelycoder changing his ways, I figured it was probably time for me as well. All my scripts moving forward will go this route. Change log wording is now changed to conform to the major/minor/patch standards. So previously, FIXED now conforms to PATCH, ADDED conforms to MINOR, and MAJOR stays the same!
- PATCH: Updated the NC statement that runs the SSL Handshake test under the Diagnostics menu. For some reason, something changed on possibly Google's end, yielding a failure each time. Now utilizing the same modified SSL Handshake statement carried over from VPNMON-R3 which is coming back successful. Thanks to @Makaveli for the heads-up!
- MINOR: Added new functionality that allows you to start on a specific page. A very old request from @Stephen Harrington! Thank you! :) You can make use of this functionally by specifying a page number (1-6) after you execute RTRMON using the -monitor or -screen function switch. (Example: rtrmon -monitor 2) This would execute RTRMON, and will start on the 2nd page (network bandwidth/usage stats). Enjoy!

Download Link (or update directly within AMTM or RTRMON itself):
Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/RTRMON/master/rtrmon-1.6.2.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh" && chmod 755 "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh"
One minor change for next time: You didn't add the auto-refresh after update like you did for other MONs — after updating the version number on the home screen shows the old version number until you exit and relaunch RTRMON. Thanks!

One minor change for next time: You didn't add the auto-refresh after update like you did for other MONs — after updating the version number on the home screen shows the old version number until you exit and relaunch RTRMON. Thanks!
The new 1.6.2 version you downloaded has that logic built-in... so the *next* update you see, you will be able to enjoy the auto-refresh! :)

Small cosmetic and bug fix update out today! Enjoy!

What's new?
v1.6.4 - (March 12, 2024)
- PATCH:
Fixed some minor spacing issues on the WiFi page that was covering some info if the 5GHz range is turned off. Also some minor fixes to the screen utility logic that was causing some visual unknown operand errors when starting RTRMON without a secondary commandline argument.
- PATCH: Fixed some of the minor look & feel to bring it more in line with the latest "standards" I've implemented across some of my other scripts.

Download link (or update directly within AMTM/RTRMON):
Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/RTRMON/master/rtrmon.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh" && chmod 755 "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh"

Significant Screenshots:

Visually, some fixes made for a cleaner look & feel...
1710257083887.png

Small cosmetic and bug fix update out today! Enjoy!

What's new?
v1.6.4 - (March 12, 2024)
- PATCH:
Fixed some minor spacing issues on the WiFi page that was covering some info if the 5GHz range is turned off. Also some minor fixes to the screen utility logic that was causing some visual unknown operand errors when starting RTRMON without a secondary commandline argument.
- PATCH: Fixed some of the minor look & feel to bring it more in line with the latest "standards" I've implemented across some of my other scripts.

Download link (or update directly within AMTM/RTRMON):
Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/RTRMON/master/rtrmon.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh" && chmod 755 "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh"

Significant Screenshots:

Visually, some fixes made for a cleaner look & feel...
View attachment 57132
I love it!

New update today! Enjoy! :)

What's new?
v1.6.7 - (March 16, 2024)
- PATCH:
Based on some great feedback from @adzie and @ExtremeFiretop, I've added stats for your attached USB storage. All /dev/sd* devices will now show up under the "Disk" section on page 1, showing % used and GB used.
- PATCH: Thanks to the keen eye of @Tech9, the "mem used" counter being displayed on page 1 was displaying the color scheme wrong... (ie. low memory was marked green, but in this case, should be red). Fixed and reversed!
- PATCH: Also thanks to @Tech9 for his feedback on this, the MAX range for all CPU temps has been dropped from 130C down to 100C, 212F and 373K, as noted that the router will start shutting down CPU cores when it hits 100C to protect itself.

Download links (or update directly within AMTM/RTRMON):
Code:

Significant Screenshots:

Showing new colors for "Mem Free" and utilizing the new updated CPU Temp max limits. Additionally, any external USB storage usage is now showing on the bottom under the "Disk" section!
1710599280266.png

Courtesy of @adzie below... here's what it looks like with multiple partitions... We are all crossing our fingers on our end that you've been able to take care of your sda2 and sdb1 partitions! :)

1710599472773.png

Last edited:
New update today! Enjoy! :)

What's new?
v1.6.7 - (March 16, 2024)
- PATCH:
Based on some great feedback from @adzie and @ExtremeFiretop, I've added stats for your attached USB storage. All /dev/sd* devices will now show up under the "Disk" section on page 1, showing % used and GB used.
- PATCH: Thanks to the keen eye of @Tech9, the "mem used" counter being displayed on page 1 was displaying the color scheme wrong... (ie. low memory was marked green, but in this case, should be red). Fixed and reversed!
- PATCH: Also thanks to @Tech9 for his feedback on this, the MAX range for all CPU temps has been dropped from 130C down to 100C, 212F and 373K, as noted that the router will start shutting down CPUs when it hits 100C to protect itself.

Download links (or update directly within AMTM/RTRMON):
Code:

Significant Screenshots:

Showing new colors for "Mem Free" and utilizing the new updated CPU Temp max limits. Additionally, any external USB storage usage is now showing on the bottom under the "Disk" section!
View attachment 57215

Courtesy of @adzie below... here's what it looks like with multiple partitions... We are all crossing our fingers on our end that you've been able to take care of your sda2 and sdb1 partitions! :)

View attachment 57216
A little bit of conflicting info here for Mem Used/Mem Free, most likely due to rounding on the threshold — I would think that both should always be one color:
Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 10.58.52.png
Not sure that it's worth addressing, but I thought that I'd mention it...

A little bit of conflicting info here for Mem Used/Mem Free, most likely due to rounding on the threshold — I would think that both should always be one color:
Not sure that it's worth addressing, but I thought that I'd mention it...
I kinda agree... Let me look into it... ;)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!