What's new

RTRMON RTRMON v1.6.8 -Mar 17, 2024- Monitor your Router's Health (New: AMTM, Network Conn/Bandwidth/Diag + Port Scanner, GT-AXE/AX + Speedtest)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@visortgw ... please download & overwrite with the same version... see if that helps?
Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 11.27.22.png

Small release today to address the CPU temp range and colors! While it may not agree with everyone, I think this is a good compromise that will address the vast majority of our routers, and gives a little warning buffer before damage can be done... enjoy!!

What's new?
v1.6.8 - (March 17, 2024)
- PATCH:
After some back and forth on how to best handle the CPU temp range and colors, I'm going to settle on agreeing that the upper max range for the graph will be 100C. It's at this temperature that your router starts shutting down CPU cores to prevent damage, though it could probably get to 120C before it actually starts physically causing damage. I think if you're getting close to 100C, you should be getting concerned. So the bar chart will show green up to 80C, yellow from 80C-90C, and red from 90C-100C+. Thanks much to @Tech9, @L&LD and @visortgw for their valuable feedback on this!

Download link (or update directly within AMTM/RTRMON):
Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/RTRMON/master/rtrmon.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh" && chmod 755 "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh"

Significant screenshots:

CPU Temp old vs. new... Range: 0-80% = green, 80-90% = yellow, 90-100%+ = red

1710680096337.png
1710680081827.png

Looks great! Now, not to be greedy or ungrateful, what are your thoughts on an email notification when disk space (/dev/sdX and /jffs) gets to a high threshold?
Now we can debate the threshold level ;-)

Looks great! Now, not to be greedy or ungrateful, what are your thoughts on an email notification when disk space (/dev/sdX and /jffs) gets to a high threshold?
Now we can debate the threshold level ;-)
I really like that idea... it's a good one to start out with. We need to figure out some rules around this though... like what is considered "high", or should that number be user-selectable?... and frequency of notifications? Once a day? Every minute? LOL

User selectable. One email. Done. 🙂

any suggestions for setpoint and sensitivity?

Not yet. Need atmospheric pressure, ambient humidity and historical average rainfall input data to complete the analysis.

Thinking about automatic indicator bar scaling and resolution adjustment based on detected user display dpi at the moment. You're distracting me.

I'm doing it already. Waiting for @Viktor Jaep to move away from his computer so we don't fight over the mouse and keyboard.

What's XXXMON?
SEXMON = Storage EXtreme MONitor?!?

I'm doing it already. Waiting for @Viktor Jaep to move away from his computer so we don't fight over the mouse and keyboard.

What's XXXMON?
SEXMON = Storage EXtreme MONitor?!?

Bahahahah... if only my mouse would stop moving by itself all the time, I could actually get some work done around here! Lately, weird key presses are being noticed as well. Is that you again @Tech9??

That is how @Viktor Jaep monitors

Right?

I'm sorry @Viktor Jaep, I couldn't wait for your approval and pulled the code while you were... somewhere else*. Had to show it to @SomeWhereOverTheRainBow, it's just... wow! He approved almost everything with no modifications needed, especially liked the big size packages. I believe you have potentially the most popular custom script for Asuswrt-Merlin. All @thelonelycoder s will appreciate your work. Seriously... wow! 🤩

* - can you move Camera 4 about 10 degree to the right? Not urgent.

Last edited:
* - can you move Camera 4 about 10 degree to the right? Not urgent.
Is that a better view? All good?

Extreme storage solutions make those regular ones seem so unimportant. Those extreme storage solutions know how to keep me and @Tech9 on our feet. Your monitoring script has revolutionized the way we monitor and store stuffs.
Well if this doesn't monitor all the things than what monitors all the things, right? :)

I couldn't stand on my feet for very long. Some parts of the code hit me like an earthquake.
Sounds like I needs to start working on TECTONICPLATEMON! :p

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!