What's new

Samsung TV with N66U as Media Server: Werid Problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ipam45

New Around Here
Hey Guys, new to the forum.

I had a weird problem with my media network setup yesterday.

Samsung F6300 with Asus N66U running the latest Merlin.

I have my Router connected to my Samsung Smart TV via LAN. So I decided to stick a 1gb USB Thumbdrive into the router. I was able to see the drive through my windows explorer but putting in the IP. The thumbdrive had videos in it and i was testing it but putting another video onto it through the wireless. I was able to see both video by using Allshare on my TV. The nav wasn't pretty, but i could stream and watch the files. Everything worked smoothly and I was pleasently surprised.

So I thought about expanding this as i had some movies sitting in a spare USB harddrive, but this time my TV couldn't come up with anything. The file Format were the same, but the drive was a bit bigger. I could still access it as a network drive through the explorer, but no media could be found when i browse in my. But when i take the drive out of the router and stick it straight to the TV USB, all of sudden it works. So it just can't go through the router to the TV, like the USB Thumb Drive could.

Is there any setting i should change in my router or TV to make it possible to stream from the Harddrive?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!