What's new

scMerlin scMerlin 2.5.2 - Service and script control menu for Asuswrt-Merlin, April 22, 2024

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Maybe all is not lost. The User#.ASP files are still there all 1-4, now how to update the Mapping to get them back in without having to resort to drastic measures :rolleyes:
Reboot the router - worked for me.

Having a upgrade of amtm from version 4.3 to 4.4, then a new fresh install of scMerlin 2.5.0 works flawlessly for me. The Web GUIs of other addons like Diversion, Skynet and ntpMerlin still stay where they are used to be. Thanks @thelonelycoder.

I was also unable to update scMerlin from 2.4.0 to 2.5.0 :
View attachment 57082
View attachment 57083

I have exact same thing on an AX68U. Will uninstall/reinstall I'm sure it will probably fix it.

Note this NOT 2.4.1 install - mine for sure is super generic AMTM driven vanilla nothing weird 2.4.0 install.
Uninstall/reinstall not a biggy but probably nice if it could be tweaked to do that itself...

I have exact same thing on an AX68U. Will uninstall/reinstall I'm sure it will probably fix it.

Note this NOT 2.4.1 install - mine for sure is super generic AMTM driven vanilla nothing weird 2.4.0 install.
Uninstall/reinstall not a biggy but probably nice if it could be tweaked to do that itself...
Confirming - uninstall/reinstall worked perfect. UI page looks perfect, everything happy happy.

I searched around a bit and what happend to me has happenedto others in other releases of SCMerlin, though I didn't find a fix to it. Since I wasn't able to work on it today, and the wife is streaming TV. My first try will be a simple reboot of the router to see if the webgui addons come back, if that doesn't do it, then I'll try what @Martinski in post #19 suggested In lieu of both of those, I'll just uninstall/reinstall the scripts that have a GUI and call it a day. No doubt either options #1, #2, #3 will fix it.

Tomorrow is another day 🤷‍♂️

I searched around a bit and what happend to me has happenedto others in other releases of SCMerlin, though I didn't find a fix to it. Since I wasn't able to work on it today, and the wife is streaming TV. My first try will be a simple reboot of the router to see if the webgui addons come back, if that doesn't do it, then I'll try what @Martinski in post #19 suggested In lieu of both of those, I'll just uninstall/reinstall the scripts that have a GUI and call it a day. No doubt either options #1, #2, #3 will fix it.

Tomorrow is another day 🤷‍♂️
For future reference, option 1 - reboot
saw the same resolution on a search for prior releases

scMerlin 2.5.1 is now available

What's new

- In sync with upstream develop version 2.4.2.
- Fixes multiple /jffs/scripts/ entries problem introduced with 2.5.0.

Thanks @Martinski for the fixes.

scMerlin 2.5.1 is now available

What's new

- In sync with upstream develop version 2.4.2.
- Fixes multiple /jffs/scripts/ entries problem introduced with 2.5.0.

Thanks @Martinski for the fixes.
It is amazing how members of this community continue to help each other out so willingly. Developers, testers, idea people, donors, ... Most people contribute in some way.

It is amazing how members of this community continue to help each other out so willingly. Developers, testers, idea people, donors, ... Most people contribute in some way.

If there is a will, there is a way! ;)

No hassle when I just uninstall and reinstall. Temps are also visible now. Toggle dnsmasq watchdog script makes me wonder to turn it on, i can't think of a downside. Maybe more robust. Thanks !!!

Hi, what does the new option "Toggle dnsmasq tainted watchdog script" do? Is there somewhere I can read about it?

Hi, what does the new option "Toggle dnsmasq tainted watchdog script" do? Is there somewhere I can read about it?
There is a well-known fault where the dnsmasq process fails. See this thread...

Usually, the router's watchdog process restarts it after a few minutes, but sometimes this fails as well and then you've got no DNS server, which is a bad thing.

The "dnsmasq tainted watchdog script" starts a process that monitors the syslog file and, if it see the text "Comm: dnsmasq Tainted:", restarts dnsmasq all by itself.

It's a good idea to run it and it does no harm.
You can see the script it runs here /jffs/addons/scmerlin.d/tailtaintdns

There is a well-known fault where the dnsmasq process fails. See this thread...

Usually, the router's watchdog process restarts it after a few minutes, but sometimes this fails as well and then you've got no DNS server, which is a bad thing.

The "dnsmasq tainted watchdog script" starts a process that monitors the syslog file and, if it see the text "Comm: dnsmasq Tainted:", restarts dnsmasq all by itself.

It's a good idea to run it and it does no harm.
You can see the script it runs here /jffs/addons/scmerlin.d/tailtaintdns

I see, thanks for your response :)

scMerlin 2.5.2 is now available

What's new

- Fixes not showing correct free jffs usage in Asuswrt-Merlin firmware 388.7x. Thanks @Martinski for the fix and the pull request.
See also discussion here.

Great work to top off a great day. Them beers done you good 😉

Any possibility to add an option to toggle NTP_Ready() ?

I comment it out to prevent stalling when the WAN connection is down.
If I understand correctly, essentially you'd like to bypass the 10-minute while-loop that checks for the "ntp_ready" NVRAM variable during the script initialization because under some circumstances your WAN connection is not established or goes down, but you still would like to run scMerlin without having to wait for the 10-minute check. Is this correct?

If so, I can take a look at this over the weekend.

If I understand correctly, essentially you'd like to bypass the 10-minute while-loop that checks for the "ntp_ready" NVRAM variable during the script initialization because under some circumstances your WAN connection is not established or goes down, but you still would like to run scMerlin without having to wait for the 10-minute check. Is this correct?

If so, I can take a look at this over the weekend.
I believe this is a bad idea. Who toggles it back? And if done later on, NTP may never sync. That‘s what I saw when I tested this a few months ago.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!