What's new

Seafile on AC56u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Meecrob

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

as Owncloud doesn't really perform well due to the hardware limitations, I'm trying to setup a seafile server through debian wheezy (https://www.hqt.ro/how-to-install-debian-wheezy-arm/) on my AC56u. But when setting it up, I get:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup-seafile-mysql.py", line 1274, in <module>
    main()
  File "setup-seafile-mysql.py", line 1225, in main
    ccnet_config.generate()
  File "setup-seafile-mysql.py", line 748, in generate
    if Utils.run_argv(argv, env=env_mgr.get_binary_env()) != 0:
  File "setup-seafile-mysql.py", line 82, in run_argv
    env=env)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 679, in __init__
    errread, errwrite)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1259, in _execute_child
    raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Did anyone else get a seafile server working on this router? I would be very thankful for some help, thanks in advance!

seafile is now in Entware repo for armv7 and intel. But it is _very_ heavy. I'm not sure ac56u has enough ram to run it even with swap enabled.

seafile is now in Entware repo for armv7 and intel. But it is _very_ heavy. I'm not sure ac56u has enough ram to run it even with swap enabled.
I am getting "Unknown package 'seafile'." , can you please tell me which repo exactly you are talking of?

@zyxmon mind including syncthing for armv7 ?...
Code:
# opkg list sync*
syncthing - 0.12.20-1 - Syncthing replaces proprietary sync and cloud services with something open, trustworthy and decentralized.
Your data is your data alone and you deserve to choose where it is stored, if it is shared with some
third party and how it's transmitted over the Internet.

arm7

http://pkg.entware.net/binaries/armv7/Packages.html
Code:
opkg update
opkg install seafile-server

Thanks, I didn't know that entware had been updated to a new generation including a new repo. I did successfully install seafile-server, but it won't start, I keep getting:
Code:
http-server.c(1853): Could not bind socket: Address already in use
So I did change the ports in all .conf files in /opt/share/seafile/conf and opened them in firewall, but can't get the server to start. What am I missing?

no idea read the documentation for seafile at their site, never used it probably never will seems to heavy for me im a syncthing user

maybe someone else is trying to use it? I guess the compiled version on the repo is just disfunctional...

my guess is thats its not, my recommendation is that you need to read the documentation and then make the appropriate configuration for Seafile

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!