What's new

Seasonic PSU....

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

follower

Very Senior Member
I'm done with Seasonic PSU. I think it's not old Seasonic quality. One of my Seasonic PSUs makes fan noise in 5 months.:eek:
The Fan noise is like grrr? clicking? There is no Interference. It's not Hybrid mode but Normal mode. Also I have ASUS Rog Thor P2 which is Seasonic OEM. It works ok. Maybe, it will make noise like original Seasonic one day?o_O

replace the fan ?
Exchange under warranty ?
Never had a single fan go bad in 30+ years, luckily.

SMH

Swap it or replace the fan yourself. I went EVGA years back and they've yet to have any issues. SS though comes with good recommendations though. My goal though is under $100 for an 850W. I liked the original I had before rebuilding but, the price shot up to $150+ and found another model w/ the same specs for $100 and it's been running 24/7 since Nov.

I would attempt fan repair first - remove, clean, drop of oil on bearings, piece of tape. Usually fans work like new after. If not - replace.

I would attempt fan repair first
I would NOT recommend repairing a power supply yourself unless you are an experienced technician. Caps inside a power supply hold a sufficient charge that can KILL YOU if you don't know what you are doing.

Seasonic PSUs generally carry a pretty long warranty. RMA it.

I would NOT recommend repairing a power supply yourself unless you are an experienced technician. Caps inside a power supply hold a sufficient charge that can KILL YOU if you don't know what you are doing.

Seasonic PSUs generally carry a pretty long warranty. RMA it.
That's right. Also the pins are different. It's using not 3 pins but 2pins. It still has over 11 years warranty. I will RMA it. It's a pain that I should pull out and reinstall every single cable.....:eek:
I'm cursed...

Caps inside a power supply hold a sufficient charge that can KILL YOU

In theory, I agree - high voltage electronics need some experience. In practice - unplugged PC PS is unlikely to kill you. By the time you remove it and open it the capacitors charge is gone through discharge resistors. It may zap your fingers with remaining charge though, if you are quick enough.

SMH

Swap it or replace the fan yourself. I went EVGA years back and they've yet to have any issues. SS though comes with good recommendations though. My goal though is under $100 for an 850W. I liked the original I had before rebuilding but, the price shot up to $150+ and found another model w/ the same specs for $100 and it's been running 24/7 since Nov.
Don't buy ASUS ROG Thor PSU(Seasonic OEM) Series unless you have ASUS ROG STRIX HELIOS Case. The PSU Fan is located in the top of the PSU. They designed Thor for Helios. You can't see RGB if you use other cases. This PSU is overpriced like ASUS Routers.
Previous model - ASUS ROG Thor: Shut down issue. Garbage. Overpriced.
Newest model - ASUS ROG Thor P2: Overpriced.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!