What's new

Selective DNS Netflix - DIR-615 w/ dd-wrt

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

libtech

New Around Here
I am really struggling with this. I want to use unblock-us with my Roku 3, and only my roku 3 for now. How can I setup my DIR-615 with DD-WRT v24-sp2 to selective make my ROKU use unblock-us DNS servers, and let everything else on my network use my regular ones?

I don't fancy sending everything to unblock-us.

I dont know how to do it with dns but if You setup openvpn on the router you can use policy based Routing and let only roku go over vpn and all Other Devices over your isp

Why you dont setup dns direct on roku?

Last edited:
If the Roku has the ability to access manual IP address/DNS entries, that's the quickest, easiest solution.

Sorry that is the problem I forgot to mention. ROKU3's have their DNS locked down, static to use google 8.8.8.8. You can';t manually change it.

I had heard of people using DNSmasq in some way, but this is a bit beyond my skillset.

iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -s rokuIP -p udp --dport 53 -j DNAT --to unblockusIP