What's new

Simulating XPMode Host Client file access on Win8 and Hyper V

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ynohtna

Regular Contributor
Hi everyone

I recently got a windows 8 machine and there is one thing I would really love to replicate from my window7 set up and xpmode.

With XPmode, I can access my host drive very easily with the XPMODE mappings to the hosts local drives. My XPMode machine could connect to different networks from my host yet I could still access the drive of the host from XPMode.

With windows 8, we get hyper V and more powerful networking features but I I'm not sure how to achieve something similar.

I have given my HyperV machine (running winxp) two network cards. One is external the other is internal. The external I would use for connecting to whatever I needed. While the internal one I thought would connect communications between my host and client.

I have my internal on separate IPs from my regular dhcp network. My internal can't browse internet, but can reach the host computer via the manual IPs I defined and vice versa.

The external can reach the internet and I can have them both on at the same time so that I can browse internet and access host computer via this internal network.

The issue I have is when I use the VM to connect to VPN. I want the external connection to connect to VPN, which works, but I lose my internal connectivity.

Any help for what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you.

Last edited:
nevermind, I changed my vpn software and all is well.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!