What's new

[SOLVED] EA-AC87 MU-MIMO FW?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

z4r9

New Around Here
Both the RT-AC87U and EA-AC87 were released with the promise of a MU-MIMO firmware update in the future. The RT-AC87U recently got that FW update but I can't find word of an update for the EA-AC87. Has anyone else heard anything?

Update:
Asus replied promptly to an email request regarding the MU-MIMO FW for this AP.
Concerning your message about the EA-AC87, the utility MU-MIMO will appear officialy on the devices starting with june 2016.

Even on the RT-AC87U the utility is in testing mode (Beta version), but when we will release it officialy you will have the possibility to update the firmware for both devices and use the utility as you wish.

Reactions: SMN
hope this will come true... bought EA-AC87 in January and packed 2 week later waiting ASUS to release stable firmware.

Both the RT-AC87U and EA-AC87 were released with the promise of a MU-MIMO firmware update in the future. The RT-AC87U recently got that FW update but I can't find word of an update for the EA-AC87. Has anyone else heard anything?

hi have you the fw EA-AC87_3.0.0.4.374_2851

Does anyway have a link to the new EA-AC87 firmware (3.0.0.4.374_2851). I'm troubleshooting a network issue and I'm hoping updated firmware will fix it.

The Hardwarezone.com.sg forums pointed to www.asuswrt.net, however, this site now seems to be down.

Come September 2016 still no firmware update for this box.
Next 14th October will be 1st anniversary for v3.0.0.4.374.2849 release.

Come September 2016 still no firmware update for this box.
Next 14th October will be 1st anniversary for v3.0.0.4.374.2849 release.

Did you see the post right above yours? :p

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!