What's new

Source Code Archive

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thorgear

Regular Contributor
Is there n single-file archive of the source code somewhere? Git is somehow crashing my machine.

I can do a pull and put it in a temporary location perhaps as a tarball

I'm assuming you're asking about Eric's repo..

it's still uploading - check the private message item - I'll give you a link when it's done - even zip'ed, it's pretty big...

On Github click on the Releases tab, then select the desired tag. There are links there to download tarballs of the specified tag.

On Github click on the Releases tab, then select the desired tag. There are links there to download tarballs of the specified tag.

Something's up with Github today - I grabbed the tip, and sent it over to him...

The HEAD code can also be downloaded right from the main page - "Clone or download" green button, then "Download ZIP".

The repo is huge however, so it can probably take quite a while.

The HEAD code can also be downloaded right from the main page - "Clone or download" green button, then "Download ZIP".

That's what I sent him, and yes, it's about 1.3GB or so zipped up...

I was having issues yesterday with the git desktop client trying to sync up to different project - today it's working, so they must have rolled in something and then perhaps fixed it from there - devops these days, release often and sometimes things break...

That wasn't working yesterday. It does now.

That wasn't working yesterday. It does now.

Which is consistent with the desktop git clients - Thorgear is Win7, and I'm on OSX - and both were pretty troubled...

@Thorgear - the archive I sent over to you was the one that Eric mentioned - it's the entire repo so you should be able to build from that one if you have the right setup ;)

Sounds good. Now, the build, that's not going to be so easy. :)

Exactly - getting all the paths right, and the toolchain built - it's more complicated than it needs to be, but once done, it's fairly straight forward - always best to do this either in a VM, or on a dedicated Linux box... Rather that reinvent the wheel, follow the steps over on the wiki pages on RMerlin's repo - some good walkthru's there...

Exactly - getting all the paths right, and the toolchain built - it's more complicated than it needs to be, but once done, it's fairly straight forward - always best to do this either in a VM, or on a dedicated Linux box... Rather that reinvent the wheel, follow the steps over on the wiki pages on RMerlin's repo - some good walkthru's there...
Will do!

And the reason for the VM suggestion - the steps and the build environment are dependent on specific versions to get a successful build - and they're proven to work - it's a lot more work if you're trying to build out of the more recent distro's, as some of the dependencies have changed, and/or some libs have either been deprecated or changed enough that the build won't work.

This is all outlined in the wiki pages...

Also - for the first build - one wants to have a fairly good size diskfile if running in a VM, it's not the AsusWRT that will take up the space, it's building the toolchain - 32GB likely is too small unless you're in a minimal Linux distro... 60GB should be much more than sufficient...

(same goes with OpenWRT, which is much easier to set up, and one doesn't have to be root there, but that's me...)