What's new

Static ips for OpenVPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mike7

Occasional Visitor
Looks like OpenVPN topology changed to subnet by default on recent fws.
I need to configure static addresses for vpn clients, is it possible to add ifconfig-pool support?

Looks like OpenVPN topology changed to subnet by default on recent fws.
I need to configure static addresses for vpn clients, is it possible to add ifconfig-pool support?

Add it to the Custom section.

Add it to the Custom section.
Unfortunately it is not possible to use server and ifconfig-pool simultaneously :(
It was the first what I tried.

Instead of server directive ifconfig should be used, more details https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/Concepts-Addressing

config.ovpn should be
Code:
ifconfig <address> <mask>
ifconfig-pool <start-ip> <end-ip> <netmask>

and doesn't have server directive.

In such case I can push ip from ccd.

The existing implementation is already too complicated, and shows far too many esoteric config settings on the webui, scaring away a lot of users. I have no intention of adding any additional options to try to accommodate every unusual scenario the occasional advanced user might be looking for. If you need a different architecture than what is supported by the router, using a postconf script to setup your own openvpn configuration would be the way to go.