What's new

Static Routes on Linksys EA9500 - possible?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks for explaining. My thought is can't you add an ACL to block Google's DNS port 53 on the Linksys for IP 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4? Did Linksys remove ACLs? I read it again and sounds like you also need to block ping using an ACL to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. So it might be easier to block the IP 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 on all ports.

I have not used a Linksys router since they spun off from Cisco.
Well I don't know the full in's and out's but all I know is that I have successfully managed to get Google DNS blocked on my network by using the settings below. I am able to watch Netflix USA on my Nvidia Shield box (despite being in UK) and unable to ping 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 from any device connected to the EA9500. Happy days! :)

EA9500.jpg

Last edited:
@chadster766
I understand a pair of blue Mu-Mimo LEDs on the EA9500v2 should light up when any Mu-Mimo device is connected to the router. However this isn't happening despite my connected desktop PC having an Asus PCE-AC88 Mu-Mimo PCI card installed - the Asus card is Mu-Mimo I believe. The router is just showing the white vertical LEDs at the front. Not a big deal but just curious to know what's wrong here?

Edit: Just noticed that the blue Mu-Mimo LEDs appear on the router when my Thinkpad X1 notebook is connected - which uses an Intel 8265AC 2x2 card.

Last edited: