What's new

stealth mode on RT-N66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Chuck2

Occasional Visitor
Using RMerlin FW 29 beta 1 currently and RT-N66B1
I used Tools and switched lights off. worked! Then Flashed version 29. Tried to turn lights on. did not turn on with switch in no position. rebooted did not turn on lights. Got any Ideas on what to try. I don't really want to go back a FW version.

Using RMerlin FW 29 beta 1 currently and RT-N66B1
I used Tools and switched lights off. worked! Then Flashed version 29. Tried to turn lights on. did not turn on with switch in no position. rebooted did not turn on lights. Got any Ideas on what to try. I don't really want to go back a FW version.
try this: Run each command one after the other finishes in tools>run cmd
nvram set led_disable=0
nvram commit
service restart_leds

followed instructions. received "done." No leds or lights.
It was not instant but leds are now on. Good job. thanks.

Last edited:
I just retested this here, and I have no problem going in and out of Stealth Mode through the webui. Don't forget to click on the Save button at the bottom after toggling Stealth Mode. It shouldn't take more than a few secs for your LEDs to turn back on then.

I just retested this here, and I have no problem going in and out of Stealth Mode through the webui. Don't forget to click on the Save button at the bottom after toggling Stealth Mode. It shouldn't take more than a few secs for your LEDs to turn back on then.

RMerlin, Thanks for your work! I have an "Apply" button at the bottom but not a "Save" button. I did used apply. The stealth mode switch is working for me after I first used the CMD instructions. Ether way works now. Again I appreciate this forum's help. Thanks.

RMerlin, Thanks for your work! I have an "Apply" button at the bottom but not a "Save" button. I did used apply. The stealth mode switch is working for me after I first used the CMD instructions. Ether way works now. Again I appreciate this forum's help. Thanks.

My bad, it's really Apply.