What's new

Strange thing about DHCP with new firmware 3.0.0.4.374.39_0-em.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

FireWire76

Occasional Visitor
Hi.
I recently installed the latest firmware for my ASUS RT-N66U. I have setup DHCP-settings the same way I had for years. I have a lease time of 86400(standard). I have 11 units in my network, and have had the same units for over a year. When I check the DHCP Server Log, all units are listed and you can see the countdown for lease time for all units except for one. And this is strange, that units lease time shows as "Static". How is this possible? There isn't even a static setting in the DHCP-settings. So how come a single unit can have this?
This isn't something that breaks anything, but I think the issue is rather strange and makes me wonder what causes it. Any ideas.

Hi.
I recently installed the latest firmware for my ASUS RT-N66U. I have setup DHCP-settings the same way I had for years. I have a lease time of 86400(standard). I have 11 units in my network, and have had the same units for over a year. When I check the DHCP Server Log, all units are listed and you can see the countdown for lease time for all units except for one. And this is strange, that units lease time shows as "Static". How is this possible? There isn't even a static setting in the DHCP-settings. So how come a single unit can have this?
This isn't something that breaks anything, but I think the issue is rather strange and makes me wonder what causes it. Any ideas.

Might be that this unit's previous lease hasn't expired yet - give it 24 hours.

Might be that this unit's previous lease hasn't expired yet - give it 24 hours.

Hi.

Need to bump this thread, it's now been over 24hours sins I saw this issue for the specified unit. And it remains the same. I even restarted the router and the iPhone, and the same occurs again. It receives a static dhcp-lease.
How is this possible???

DHCP-log.jpg

Hi.

Need to bump this thread, it's now been over 24hours sins I saw this issue for the specified unit. And it remains the same. I even restarted the router and the iPhone, and the same occurs again. It receives a static dhcp-lease.
How is this possible???

DHCP-log.jpg

Assuming that the iOS device definitely doesn't have a static I/P assigned:

http://ubntek.com/iphonestaticip/

then I suggest you forget the network on the iOS device and double check the MAC address.

Regards,

Assuming that the iOS device definitely doesn't have a static I/P assigned:

http://ubntek.com/iphonestaticip/

then I suggest you forget the network on the iOS device and double check the MAC address.

Regards,

Thanks. Problem solved, my son had set it to BootP which makes the lease infinite. Appreciate the help!

//FireWire